Are hot dogs (in buns) sandwiches? (3 Viewers)

Are hot dogs (in buns) sandwiches?

• Yes

Votes: 110 41.7%
  • No

Votes: 154 58.3%

• Total voters
So Spaghettio sandwich checks out.
Definitely.

Now is this a sandwich or is it two sandwiches?
triple-decker-sandwich.jpg

BS. Anything being held between two pieces of bread to make it easier to eat is a sandwitch. That's the abstract name. Specific variations are BLT, hamburger, hotdog, etc., etc.

Now a wrap or burrito - that's not a sandwitch.

BS. Anything being held between two pieces of bread to make it easier to eat is a sandwitch. That's the abstract name. Specific variations are BLT, hamburger, hotdog, etc., etc.

Now a wrap or burrito - that's not a sandwitch.

Ok, but is a sandwitch a sandwich?

Oscar Mayer Sparks Outrage by Saying Hot Dogs Are Sandwiches

http://mentalfloss.com/article/5625...jL1H9dy-AuMtgNNU5HE_V6qWhJ6T5BX_swdvOrsgx8deo

Oscar Mayer is so confident in its decision that it created a hotline (1-833-SNDWICH) for people to call in and attempt to change their minds. It was only open for 24 hours, but it’s still partially active as of the morning of November 2. A recorded message says “the time to change our mind is up,” but it still invites callers to leave messages, which may be used anonymously for marketing materials. Some of the messages have already been shared on Oscar Mayer's Twitter.

A Jimmy Dean Eggwhich is not a sandwich -- of it were, it would have been called a Jimmy Dean Egg Sandwich. But it wasn't, because it isn't. They got the name right.

There is no such thing as a "breadless sandwich" -- wtf are these people thinking? An open-face sandwich isn't a sandwich either, no matter what they call it. If it isn't two pieces of bread holding some type of filling that can be picked up and eaten without utensils, don't be horning in on trying to use the sandwich moniker to describe your product, because it isn't one.

if it has a name already its not a sandwich, hot dog, hamburger, quesadilla.

if it has bread and meat or cheese between 2 pieces of bread or a bun, its a sandwich.
Kind of contradictory. First you say it has a name, so its not a sandwich, then you say that meat in a bun (which pretty much describes a hot dog) is a sandwich. I'm confused...

I finally get it

1586496727909.png

And the hotdog -- "jbutler"

never really fit in with the buns --- "PCF"

and therefore could never really be considered --- "a sandwich"

Last edited:
No less an authority than national hero Jim Lovell:

Transcript of Apollo 13 mission, Day 2:

7E1EABCB-28D0-4003-9F3A-515190DBFE6D.png

Although Mission Control got it exactly right about which condiment belongs on a hotdog sandwich.

I havent been following this debate since i dont even like hotdogs....but

they consider it a sandwich

.... An open-face sandwich isn't a sandwich either, no matter what they call it.

A proper ope-faced sandwich always includes two slices of bread. It could be picked up and eaten as a normal sandwich, but that would be messy, since they always have a lot of gravy on them.

Thinks of it as a deconstructed sandwich, where the decision to pick it up or to use utensils is up to you...

Wow, this thread has become quite a long debate! I had a French teacher in high school who wanted us to try to explain why we thought a certain answer was correct, with the caveat that just going with your gut was an okay explanation.

I have to go with my gut here... a hot dog just isn't a sandwich.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom