Are hot dogs (in buns) sandwiches? (2 Viewers)

Are hot dogs (in buns) sandwiches?

• Yes

Votes: 110 41.7%
  • No

Votes: 154 58.3%

• Total voters
I brought this debate to my wife and son. Colleen says no. Jake said of course it's sandwich.

Ty Webb said, "a flute without a hole, is not a flute. And a donut without a hole, is a Danish."

I say, "A hot dog without a bun, is still a hot dog." Nobody ever said, "here I am sitting here eating my sandwich," while eating a hot dog.

Last edited:
Sandwich shirts hit the clearance rack.

IMG_6456.JPG

July 19th is National Hot Dog (Sandwich) Day!

Burger King: Hot dogs are 79 cents each through July 31 at participating locations.

Circle K: Hot dogs are on sale for $1 through July 23 for National Hot Dog Week at participating southeast locations.

Dog Haus: Customers get one free hot dog on Wednesday when one hot dog is purchased at regular price.

Hot Dog on a Stick: Each customer can get an original turkey dog for free on Wednesday. Turkey dogs are also priced at $1 each every Tuesday in July.

Hwy 55 Burgers: Hot dogs are 99 cents each at participating Hwy 55 restaurants who are members of the My Hwy 55 Rewards program and all guests who download the app. This dine-in offer is limited to two per guest. You also get a free milkshake for downloading the app.

Love's Travel Stop: Get a free hot dog or roller grill item when you show this coupon all day Wednesday. Limit one per customer

Philly Pretzel Factory: Pretzel dogs are priced at just $1 apiece on Wednesday.

Pilot and Flying J Travel Centers: At participating locations, the giveaway is lasting a week. With this coupon, which you can print or show on your smartphone, get one free hot dog or roller grill menu item of your choice July 19 through 26 at participating locations. No purchase is required and limit one coupon per person per day.

Sonic Drive-In: All-American Hot Dogs and Chili Cheese Coneys are $1 all day at participating locations.

I can just see most folks keeping this on the counter under their cabinets...a kitchen grease fire waiting to happen.

I agree. Plus there's no point in keeping this in the kitchen where you presumably already have a perfectly functional stove to cook your hot dogs. This is clearly intended to be kept on a nightstand for late night snacking. Perhaps intergrate an alarm clock into the base and you could wake up to a freshly cooked hot dog every morning.

I agree. Plus there's no point in keeping this in the kitchen where you presumably already have a perfectly functional stove to cook your hot dogs. This is clearly intended to be kept on a nightstand for late night snacking. Perhaps intergrate an alarm clock into the base and you could wake up to a freshly cooked hot dog every morning.
I actually kinda like this and may throw it in my camper for 2 reasons. I don't want to always use my stove in my camper and one of my daughters doesn't like hot dogs on the grill.

I actually kinda like this and may throw it in my camper for 2 reasons. I don't want to always use my stove in my camper and one of my daughters doesn't like hot dogs on the grill.

For less than $10, you really can't go too wrong (short of burning down your house/camper). (y) :thumbsup:

For less than $10, you really can't go too wrong (short of burning down your house/camper). (y) :thumbsup:
Thats true. Hot dog sandwich maker will be used outside. :D

Hotdogs are to be cooked on grills. What kind of animal are you?

Hotdogs are to be cooked on grills. What kind of animal are you?

And 99% of the time that's where I cook them. But there's nothing wrong with a backup plan for the 3-4 days/year when the snow drift on the patio door prevents (reasonably easy) access to said grill.

July 19th is National Hot Dog (Sandwich) Day!

Burger King: Hot dogs are 79 cents each through July 31 at participating locations.

Circle K: Hot dogs are on sale for $1 through July 23 for National Hot Dog Week at participating southeast locations.

Dog Haus: Customers get one free hot dog on Wednesday when one hot dog is purchased at regular price.

Hot Dog on a Stick: Each customer can get an original turkey dog for free on Wednesday. Turkey dogs are also priced at $1 each every Tuesday in July.

Hwy 55 Burgers: Hot dogs are 99 cents each at participating Hwy 55 restaurants who are members of the My Hwy 55 Rewards program and all guests who download the app. This dine-in offer is limited to two per guest. You also get a free milkshake for downloading the app.

Love's Travel Stop: Get a free hot dog or roller grill item when you show this coupon all day Wednesday. Limit one per customer

Philly Pretzel Factory: Pretzel dogs are priced at just $1 apiece on Wednesday.

Pilot and Flying J Travel Centers: At participating locations, the giveaway is lasting a week. With this coupon, which you can print or show on your smartphone, get one free hot dog or roller grill menu item of your choice July 19 through 26 at participating locations. No purchase is required and limit one coupon per person per day.

Sonic Drive-In: All-American Hot Dogs and Chili Cheese Coneys are $1 all day at participating locations.
Most interesting is that the word 'sandwich' appears exactly zero times in any of those offerings. Those who know, know.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom