APERTURE - Help Me Pick My $100 (2 Viewers)

Which $100 Denom Spots Should I Use?

• (A) - 614 Spots

Votes: 10 18.9%
  • (B) - 8D18 Spots

Votes: 24 45.3%
  • (C) - 618 Spots

Votes: 13 24.5%
  • (D) - 814 Spots

Votes: 6 11.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Guilty, although unintentional.......:)

To me the $1 chip throws the progression off. I'd say "C" but reverse the spots on the $1 & $100 and you got a winner
I said the same thing before this thread. I think that's what may have led us here. But in retrospect, the understated edgespots of C as is make it a winner (IMO).

You post a thread like this and ask people to choose among the options you posted. I don't know why some people can't follow simple directions, but this thread has gone off the rails. It always seems to happen, but now, this thread has

...an amazing suggestion by @BGinGA with the 6DSA18!

I really like the simplicity of C... Sort of a "dark room" chip. But BG's #1 mockup pops without being over the top!

#3 does the same with just a splash more pop.

Nice job!

You're right... no 818 with CPC. I didn't know that.

Well not a true 818, but you could make one.

IMG_3634.PNG

You post a thread like this and ask people to choose among the options you posted. I don't know why some people can't follow simple directions, but this thread has gone off the rails. It always seems to happen, but now, this thread has....
It's why these design threads are worthwhile IMHO...exhaust every possible option before laying down a boat load of money. (y) :thumbsup:

Speaking purely for myself, I voted based on the provided options, but he also asked for comments and my comment was maybe to try combining 2 of the options into one spot pattern.

It's why these design threads are worthwhile IMHO...exhaust every possible option before laying down a boat load of money. (y) :thumbsup:

Speaking purely for myself, I voted based on the provided options, but he also asked for comments and my comment was maybe to try combining 2 of the options into one spot pattern.

Absolutely. I think the input is incredibly helpful to the design process. And if @justsomedude didn't want other's opinions, he would just ignore it or specifically state as much.

I had that $1 chip spot pattern earlier on, and may return to it. I've been getting some warnings that bright white might be a bad move - given it's one of the more brittle/fragile CPC colors. Might not work well on a $1 workhorse chip.

Anyone else have thoughts/advice in regard to Bright White as a workhorse?

If you're up for a Level 11 spot, I don't know why no one ever reverses the edge colors on a 6SAD18. I think it gives it a cool pattern.

sdgehlsdgkh23oh.PNG

...and through regular play, its gonna dull somewhat anyway. JMHO.

Don't know about the fragile aspect, but this is a good point.

White chips get dirty quick. Based on my experience with my PNYs it was definitely a factor in deciding to go with a blue $1 in my custom set. Unless you're going to be cleaning chips after every other game you're paying a high premium for a limited benefit.

Anyone else have thoughts/advice in regard to Bright White as a workhorse?
Only input I can throw out there is my opinion that bright white is great on small edge spots but I prefer regular white as a base color by a large margin. To my eye bright white looks very "plasticy" in stacks when it takes up a lot of real estate on the rolling edge.

I thought of that, but the current orientation doesn't place an emphasis on either color (IMO). Rotating it emphasizes the blue or the orange.

To my eyes the current orientation doesn't place an emphasis on the pattern either. My first impression when looking at the original was error chip. I had to concentrate and turn my head to appreciate the pattern.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom