Any Jeep Aficionados In the House? (1 Viewer)

I spent most of last weekend doing this:

IMG_20171105_133528.jpg

Swapped in a new 8.25 rear axle with 4.56 gears and limited slip, newly rebuilt. Next up is a new Dana 30 for the front with 4.56s and a Detroit TrueTrac. Then I'll be all set for the snow!

I spent most of last weekend doing this:

View attachment 133228

Swapped in a new 8.25 rear axle with 4.56 gears and limited slip, newly rebuilt. Next up is a new Dana 30 for the front with 4.56s and a Detroit TrueTrac. Then I'll be all set for the snow!

I think I see your problem. The tire goes on the underside of the Jeep, not on backside. Jeeps are just like regular cars in this way.
The wheels have to rotate in the same direction that the car is going.

Just trying to help. I hate to see other people making the same mistakes that took me so long to figure out.

I saw a '78 Thunderbird rolling down the highway yesterday... T-tops and all. A buddy of mine had one in high-school. That was a badass car.

Then I noticed the Historic plate on it, and I felt old.

I tackled the front axle this past weekend, with some help from my daughter!

IMG_20171124_133403.jpg
IMG_20171125_115552.jpg

OK, she didn't really wrench on anything, but she spent hours on the creeper scraping crusty oil off the bottom of the Jeep (it's a 4.0L, it leaks!) and had fun.

The new axle has 4.56 gears and is fully rebuilt with a Detroit TrueTrac. I can't wait for the snow now! It should be a beast. Only setback was a seized bolt in the heim joint of one of my lower control arms. I found a local shop finally with a 1.25" heim on hand and got that at lunch today, so I can finish putting it back together tonight.

Got out to Walker Valley ORV on Saturday with a couple friends. It was a nasty sloppy day and we did a bit of winching. One guy in the group did not have a good day as he lost a beed, broke the steering stabilizer and ripped off the evap canister all on different trails throughout the day. I'm now staring at a Cyber Monday quote for Dynatrac ProRock 60's, because I hate money!

20171125_093958.jpg

kyle_1.jpeg

kyle_2.jpeg

My wife and I recently picked up a 1991 YJ (last year with the angled rollbar support). It's in pretty rough shape, but hopefully by this summer it'll be good for cruisin around town.

I have a 1979 jeep J20 pickup. Rebuilt amc 360 engine and rebuilt transmission.
Still needs some work, But it's getting there.
I will post pictures when I charge my old phone.

Ran the Rubicon Trail this last Monday\Tuesday. Had 3 Jeeps in our group this year. It was a smooth trip with no breakdowns or major issues.

Trail prep at the NorthShore camp ground the night before
1537029550153.png

Sunrise at our camp spot on Buck Island Lake
1537029696049.png

Cadillac Hill
1537029738952.png

Observation Point
1537029791172.png

I can confirm that changing the heater core in an XJ is a pain in the ass. Took most of the weekend, but I got it done.

IMG_20190928_205955100.jpg

I can't complain too much about the longevity of the part since it lasted 21 years and 170k miles. I just wish they'd packaged it so that it was easier to replace.

Count me in. Current project is this XJ. It's on tons, atlas transfer case, etc. These are older photos, first 2 pics are several years old as it was the first stage of the obsession lol. I've owned around 10 XJs. No good updated shots. It's currently going under the knife for coilovers and 40s.

jeepologyxj4-jpg.328660

jeepologyxj7-jpg.328661

mercout1-jpg.328652

cfthread7-1012-jpg.328653

mercout6-jpg.328654

And for the Wrangler guys, my buddy's JL we just finished lifting on 37s not too long ago

img_2251-1-jpeg.328666

My JK is currently stock but my mother is coming to visit next week so I just ordered some rails/steps. The last time she came she bitched constantly about how hard it was for her getting into the jeep. Bloody 77-year olds...

You are correct! It's an RS/SS350 with a 4 speed. Not a show car, but a fun driver.

I had this exact car in high school, but gold with the white interior. You probably know this but that’s the first year they put a 350 in anything and you had to specify it when ordering. Last year for the vent window as well.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom