Reaction score
speaking of potential USPS nightmare:

1611248043033.png

timinater

Flush
Site Vendor
Reaction score
because my social was on the checks.
Because they were part of a tax remittance? Man, that's tough to hear, and I'm sorry about this, hopefully it all works out OK.

If there was a banking system in need of reform its the USA's. Secure e-transfer has all but wiped out cheques in Canada, and for gosh sakes I can pay my income tax online through my bank just like any other bill, securely and instantly. (Edit - I say as I cut four cheques for life and critical illness coverage and pop those in the mail)

It's kind of shocking we're still putting any personal information on paper and sending that paper physically across the country in the year of our lord twenty, twenty one.

Windwalker

Full House
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Because they were part of a tax remittance? Man, that's tough to hear, and I'm sorry about this, hopefully it all works out OK.

If there was a banking system in need of reform its the USA's. Secure e-transfer has all but wiped out cheques in Canada, and for gosh sakes I can pay my income tax online through my bank just like any other bill, securely and instantly. (Edit - I say as I cut four cheques for life and critical illness coverage and pop those in the mail)

It's kind of shocking we're still putting any personal information on paper and sending that paper physically across the country in the year of our lord twenty, twenty one.
It’s absolutely asinine that FIFTEEN states don’t accept electronic remittances for taxes. They REQUIRE paper checks. And you’re not allowed to use anything but the USPS for 5 of the states.

If anything happens, I might just sue those states to make a point.

Goldfish

Flush
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So, on a related point, I would be interested to know peoples thoughts on getting extra insurance. On the one hand, it seems prudent given the value of chips floating back and forth. On the other hand, I feel like I am just posting a bullseye on my package and a note saying - pick this one to steal, it’s worth $4k.
Given WW’s recent experience, any thoughts on this somewhat related issue?

Darthhoodie

Flush
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well having lived in Rhode Island, It makes perfect sense to me they don't accept electronic anything. Very backwards and very crooked. Hell I may be in trouble just posting this...err I never said anything burn this post.

Last edited:
Top Bottom