Another USPS Nightmare (3 Viewers)

speaking of potential USPS nightmare:

1611248043033.png

because my social was on the checks.
Because they were part of a tax remittance? Man, that's tough to hear, and I'm sorry about this, hopefully it all works out OK.

If there was a banking system in need of reform its the USA's. Secure e-transfer has all but wiped out cheques in Canada, and for gosh sakes I can pay my income tax online through my bank just like any other bill, securely and instantly. (Edit - I say as I cut four cheques for life and critical illness coverage and pop those in the mail)

It's kind of shocking we're still putting any personal information on paper and sending that paper physically across the country in the year of our lord twenty, twenty one.

Because they were part of a tax remittance? Man, that's tough to hear, and I'm sorry about this, hopefully it all works out OK.

If there was a banking system in need of reform its the USA's. Secure e-transfer has all but wiped out cheques in Canada, and for gosh sakes I can pay my income tax online through my bank just like any other bill, securely and instantly. (Edit - I say as I cut four cheques for life and critical illness coverage and pop those in the mail)

It's kind of shocking we're still putting any personal information on paper and sending that paper physically across the country in the year of our lord twenty, twenty one.
It’s absolutely asinine that FIFTEEN states don’t accept electronic remittances for taxes. They REQUIRE paper checks. And you’re not allowed to use anything but the USPS for 5 of the states.

If anything happens, I might just sue those states to make a point.

So, on a related point, I would be interested to know peoples thoughts on getting extra insurance. On the one hand, it seems prudent given the value of chips floating back and forth. On the other hand, I feel like I am just posting a bullseye on my package and a note saying - pick this one to steal, it’s worth $4k.
Given WW’s recent experience, any thoughts on this somewhat related issue?

Well having lived in Rhode Island, It makes perfect sense to me they don't accept electronic anything. Very backwards and very crooked. Hell I may be in trouble just posting this...err I never said anything burn this post.

Last edited:
First time I posted about an issue such as this but this one was too shocking not to. Received a purchased packed inside of a SFRB that had added protection by way of Padded Priority Envelope. I was really surprised at how far this person went to not only open the packaging but, in the end, leaving all the contents inside. Mind blowing really.

This bastard not only cut open the padded envelope, but also ripped open the box, then proceeded to rip off the tape on the canister. Didn't like what he saw and left it all in there. I've yet to find out if the writing "Received Damaged" was made by the post office at their facility or by my mailman. I'm going to ask him tomorrow. If I receive this without that writing, I just assume that someone peeked inside of my mailbox then put everything back. The fact that it had that written on the outside indicates that it was more than likely a USPS employee. Pretty disturbing and I didn't think that I would witness some of the recent stuff that others were reporting. Granted, I dodged a bullet and the goods were received, meanwhile others were not as fortunate and received empty packages or none at all.

In summary, even when something is packed very well in order to protect its contents, it seems like people can still have enough determination to get into the core of the package. I used to be against using a bunch of packing tape on the SFRB that's placed inside of the padded envelope, but after seeing this, I'm going to make sure it covers as much of the box as possible in order to make it really difficult for someone to just rip it open. Recommend that others do the same. Heck, we might as well tape up the outside of the padded envelope as well. Going to go through more tape, but much better than letting some prick rip right through it.

IMG_0896.jpeg
IMG_0897.jpeg
IMG_0898.jpeg
IMG_0899.jpeg

Last edited:
First time I posted about an issue such as this but this one was too shocking not to. Received a purchased packed inside of a SFRB that had added protection by way of Padded Priority Envelope. I was really surprised at how far this person went to not only open the packaging but, in the end, leaving all the contents inside. Mind blowing really.

This bastard not only cut open the padded envelope, but also ripped open the box, then proceeded to rip off the tape on the canister. Didn't like what he saw and left it all in there. I've yet to find out if the writing "Received Damaged" was made by the post office at their facility or by my mailman. I'm going to ask him tomorrow. If I receive this without that writing, I just assume that someone peeked inside of my mailbox then put everything back. The fact that it had that written on the outside indicates that it was more than likely a USPS employee. Pretty disturbing and I didn't think that I would witness some of the recent stuff that others were reporting. Granted, I dodged a bullet and the goods were received, meanwhile others were not as fortunate and received empty packages or none at all.

In summary, even when something is packed very well in order to protect its contents, it seems like people can still have enough determination to get into the core of the package. I used to be against using a bunch of packing tape on the SFRB that's placed inside of the padded envelope, but after seeing this, I'm going to make sure it covers as much of the box as possible in order to make it really difficult for someone to just rip it open. Recommend that others do the same. Heck, we might as well tape up the outside of the padded envelope as well. Going to go through more tape, but much better than letting some prick rip right through it.

View attachment 969714View attachment 969715View attachment 969716View attachment 969717
Sorry to hear that happened Zaki. One question I guess is - was the SFRB taped closed on the end that popped open? Something with enough force to tear the mailer could also likely “crush” the SFRB causing a folded (not taped) end to pop open and could definitely tear a strip or two of blue painters tape apart. Maybe it was an employee with sticky hands but it could explain the writing if it happened in transit and your local PO received it that way and marked it as such. Either way glad all the chips arrived!

Sorry to hear that happened Zaki. One question I guess is - was the SFRB taped closed on the end that popped open? Something with enough force to tear the mailer could also likely partially crush the SFRB causing a folded (not taped) end to pop open and couldn’t definitely tear a strip or two of blue painters tape which tears fairly easily. Maybe it was an employee with sticky hands but it could explain the writing if it happened in transit and your local PO received it that way and marked it as such. Either way glad all the chips arrived!

Thanks, Tom. It wasn’t tape but when you look at the tear on the padded envelope, it’s a pretty clean cut. Normally when you tear it open with your hands, it creates really jagged edges. This cut on the outside was someone with something in hand and used it as a cutting apparatus,

09CA98B0-DEE6-4EF9-A9BF-10773C24F9DF.png
151A736A-2CF9-4DED-AE5B-68AC9721A6C2.png

Same shit here in Yuma, Az. I have a post office box at the post office to prevent my mail from getting stolen at the house. My wife's Visa card was lifted at the post office and now I'm getting to pay the crooks bills! One of these days, I'm going to report it to the police. So far they are spending less then my wife so haven't reported it yet.

Thanks, Tom. It wasn’t tape but when you look at the tear on the padded envelope, it’s a pretty clean cut. Normally when you tear it open with your hands, it creates really jagged edges. This cut on the outside was someone with something in hand and used it as a cutting apparatus,

View attachment 969729View attachment 969730
Almost looks like it was opened with a key.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom