An abrupt end to my ski vacation (1 Viewer)

Sorry to hear about your injury doc, but looks like you have enough beer to tide you over for a full recovery
Perhaps you'll just have to stay by the firepit until fully recovered:tup::wow:

I wish you a speedy recovery!

As a former walking-boot wearer, I recommend making the effort to ensure you wear a good shoe on your right foot. Specifically one that give you some height, thus reducing strain on your hips from having 2 leg lengths.

I wish you a speedy recovery!

As a former walking-boot wearer, I recommend making the effort to ensure you wear a good shoe on your right foot. Specifically one that give you some height, thus reducing strain on your hips from having 2 leg lengths.
I was thinking about nailing a 2 x 4 to the bottom of my shoe :rolleyes:

Ouch Mark, so sorry to hear the news. At least you’ve got some beautiful scenery to look at while your drinking your beer.
Hope the calf feels better soon and wishing you a speedy recovery.

Sorry to hear this Mark. I hope you're right as rain soon.

Following Dr’s orders I see... “keep your foot elevated and stay hydrated with IPAs”
I’m trying

7CA6F4A6-8DFC-41E8-BC27-7B8ABC398D49.jpeg
13E89513-A863-4065-89B6-493FAC60356F.jpeg

Wishing you a speedy recovery!

Not sure whether alcohol actually kills pain, or if you drink enough you just don't care.

Gotta love a party in the hot tub!

I am currently in Lake Tahoe for a family ski vacation. Everything was going great and the scenery is beautiful here.
View attachment 667287View attachment 667288View attachment 667290
We have a pretty cool house to stay in and the kids were playing in the backyard down by a stream ....... until we saw the bears

View attachment 667294View attachment 667295View attachment 667296

Lots of great beers out here

View attachment 667297View attachment 667298View attachment 667299
Unfortunately at the end of day 2 skiing, I had a fall and popped a calf muscle. I did get to ride in a rescue sled and ended up with a really cool walking boot.
View attachment 667301View attachment 667302View attachment 667303
When I got home, my family had made a left shoe shrine, complete with an offering to the beer gods.
View attachment 667306View attachment 667307
So it looks like the rest of my trip will be mostly this

View attachment 667308
At least my MRI showed no muscle tear, just a severe strain, so hopefully recovery will be faster.
That sucks man, sorry to hear it. At least you are in a beautiful part of the country with some of the best craft beers in the world to help carry you through. Hope you feel better soon!

Love the outdoor area at the Hard Rock. Hung out by the fire pits with a few drinks last time I was in Tahoe.

Sorry about your leg.

Wishing you a speedy recovery, Sir!

Having gone skiing once, I could have told you this would not end well!

Dare I say this might be your best trip ever?

Really long game, fakes the injury pays the doc off with his winnings from the Windy Crest while waiting on the MRI results. Drinks rest of the trip while family goes skiing. Also more time for Windy Crest poker.

Also now ever year he says to his family I’m going to take it easy today, don’t want to hurt myself again. And off he goes to the brewery’s.

It’s a tough job, but someone has to scout the breweries - Lupulo Nimbus

466EF28E-CF88-4D8E-8372-E5B66603CF55.jpeg
D5276620-85DA-49AF-8F33-A0F66142435C.jpeg
79D59D7C-B54D-4F1E-BC71-56A8AB20E163.jpeg
9F6168EE-94B5-4B84-B7B6-719B26769A61.jpeg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom