All Things Redbelly! Hello Friends, old and new! (1 Viewer)

Cheers Herb. RIP!

AB6162F0-252F-4364-A056-44A8C50DAD72.jpeg

Thanks for the update - glad to hear you all are well. Congrats on the exciting family stuff, and condolences on losing Herb. Here’s to all the best in 2019!

We were just boarding a plane last night and Liz had asked if I had heard anything from you as of late.

Too bad we were still on vacation and boarded the plane a day late... I would have been happy to lift a drink with the crew (well, maybe not the pilot...)

Glad I came across this post. Hope you are doing well. You should try and swing by for the All in at the Alamo in August. Hope you are enjoying the traveling. Looks like fun and what a way to spend your time with your lovely bride!

Thanks Liz! I want to swing by your place for a long visit! We will make a quick run from Maine to Alabama in Nov! Let’s plan around that time! Will you both be at Mark or Tom’s events!? Love to you both!

That sounds great! We'll be at Tom's event and will see you then.

Redbelly becomes “Grandpa” Redbelly!

Hello Friends!

What the hell?! Do children not listen to their loving, caring, and infinitely wise parents after leaving the nest? Well... NO, they don’t.... at all.... about ANYTHING! They keep asking for advise (which is nice) but never actually follow that advice. (which is frustrating.... but becoming funny and a running joke for all involved).

BUT! .... love is certainly not lacking and the relationship that Sumer and I share with our boys brings us SO much joy! And while Sumer and I were perhaps a little naive in thinking that parenting would be behind us when we started our “Redbelly Road Trip” , we have been ecstatic that our life style has provided wonderful flexibility to react to life’s changes! ... like GRANDBABIES!

At 06:09, on November 23rd, weighing in at 7 lbs 8 oz, Harvey arrived to our youngest son, Seth and his wife, Kyla! Sumer and I are STUPIDLY overjoyed! He is beautiful! Everyone is home and doing well!

2019 was to be the “East Coast Run” beginning in Florida and ending with fall colors in the North East. But life happens and plans change. In July we decided to halt our travels north, after a wonderful stay in the DC area, and head SOUTH to heat and humidity to help Sumer,s parents with their home while they recovered from recent surgeries. After 2 months, and with the knowledge that we were expected grandparents around mid November, we started our travels towards the Pacific NW! (or NORTH in the winter!) Not quite the “70 degree line“ we planned on traveling. With that said, we had such a wonderful run up to Seattle over several months!

As Sumer and I approach the two year mark of “wandering” around full time in our motorhome we are reflecting on the decision that we made. We certainly jumped into the deep end of the pool with both feet buying the largest Class A diesel pusher available! Sink or Swim is the saying, right? Well we are SWIMMING! I just passed my 10 year countdown to my expected retirement date at work and..... I don’t see us stopping this lifestyle before that... or even after! In short, we are loving it!

I did plan on playing more poker, attending more meetups, maintaining more of a presence on PCF than I have but between work and traveling and “adventuring” poker has slid down the scale further than I imagined! (In 2 years I haven’t hosted a game on my custom poker mat I carry onboard!) At the end of the day we are happy to sit, drink a nice glass of wine, play “Five Crowns”, and enjoy each other’s company. I do miss not participating more and hope that will change. Looking forward to heading to FL for “The Long Night” @k9dr in February... profoundly sad that there will be no violence to be had at the “Shootout at the Post” @Mr Tree ! ... We will be in Seattle area until mid February, Phoenix for a month, LAS, DEN, etc during 2020 and hope to drop in for a game or two while in the area! I was able to do that during our DC stay when @krafticus was gracious enough to allow me to play with his great group of players!

Please feel free to follow Sumer and I as we travel around! As a safety precaution we typically post after we have left a general area but you can find us on Instagram, “Redbelly Road Trip”

We do wish you ALL a wonderful Holiday Season!

..... now PICTURES of our Grandson!

8442B221-18C6-41AA-87DF-EB383D684939.jpeg
8D2B9604-9BD5-435E-9103-4CF92B4D9375.jpeg
B7F067DA-78CD-4D1C-B1A5-32B236D06F8F.jpeg
09DD8748-3FDF-44C4-98A5-E2BDE1EA0C0D.jpeg
B6239C7F-1265-476B-B8F6-0E744258620D.jpeg
8D2A457D-4E06-4C2F-8CFE-5035515DB17E.jpeg
92DA5C6A-C113-4EB9-A053-77234ED8CE98.jpeg
F117B247-F42E-41CA-97FB-122C77A66117.jpeg
AF4864E8-5160-4499-A772-03D1DA887D7D.jpeg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom