Accessory Button Poll - Kill/All-in/Missed Blind/Rabbit Hunt/Time (2 Viewers)

What accessory buttons would you purchase

• Kill

• Kill / All In

• All In

• Missed Blind

• Rabbit Hunt

• Time

• Meal

• Small & Big Blind (pair)

• Hi/Lo

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm doing:

Missed blind - 50mm dark blue
Small and big - 45mm light blue and rose/red
Kill - 60mm dark red
All In - bright yellow
So let's say... my friend, ReallyGreatUsername, wants to know the difference between a "Missed Blind" and "Small/Big Blind" button? I'm going to figure my friend also doesn't fully understand a Kill button. Thanks! :tup:

Missed blind goes down Infront of an absent player. When he returns he has to pay the blinds that he missed.
Small and big I would never use. That simply move around the table with the dealer button. Good for new players, otherwise just table junk..
Kill and half kill go as such. A full kill will double the blind on the next hand. In limit hold'em at say a $2-5 the next hand on a pot that goes over a limit, say $50, will double to $5-10.
Half kill is the same thing except it make a 2-4 go to 3-6 rather than 4-8

Here are some MSK mocks. Let me know if you want to alter colors. I really want to try to narrow down some options and move from the discussion stage.
Generic MSK BUTTONS Proof.jpg

The big blind looks nice, great contrast.
The small looks a little out of place color wise, I think it's just the gray label.
If possible can we try another label color, maybe purple or orange?
The hi/lo's looks nice.
The missed blind looks great.
The all ins look pretty nice too.

The big blind looks nice, great contrast.
The small looks a little out of place color wise, I think it's just the gray label.
If possible can we try another label color, maybe purple or orange?
The hi/lo's looks nice.
The missed blind looks great.
The all ins look pretty nice too.
For sure. The center of the MSK small blind will be much whiter than I can recreate here.
But a different color is easy enough.

Lookin good :tup:, truthfully I wouldn't mind if both sb and bb buttons had a green inlay, it just pops! They both have very specific primary colors so I don't think anyone would confuse them.

I might be in the minority on this, but I favor the initial color for the bb.
It was an aesthetic match to the turquoise blue of the sb.

If there's no kill, wouldn't you just not use the button at all?

Because the no kill side serves the same purpose of a leg up button which other people have asked for but is more generic. The no kill side can be used in hi/lo games to show that the kill is off and also given to the player who has the leg up in games where the kill is established by winning two pots in a row. But a leg button is meaningless is split pot games where the kill is established by a scoop.

https://www.pokernews.com/pokerterms/leg-up.htm

Personally I don't think a half kill button is necessary because if you are running a game with a kill it won't ever switch between a half and a full kill so simply "kill" is sufficient.

Looking at the MSK literature makes it feel like we are missing out on an opportunity to do something really unique. Not super specific but more in lines with the rabbit hunting chip, a graphic and brighter colors, maybe even some swirl effect as we flush our money all in.

I know it’s generic and basic, also not being critical just feel way more potential.

Looking at the MSK literature makes it feel like we are missing out on an opportunity to do something really unique. Not super specific but more in lines with the rabbit hunting chip, a graphic and brighter colors, maybe even some swirl effect as we flush our money all in.

I know it’s generic and basic, also not being critical just feel way more potential.
I feel you. Problem is, when I try to cater to the masses the options keep getting broken down until we have 20 different options that only a few will select from. The ceramic options have largely been tailored to specific tastes.
While the MSK options are very plain they will look very appealing having their marble effect show through. My mockups can't possibly do them justice.
The jetons/buttons being what they are, IMO don't need to have any flair. And if I do add some effect like a gradient my other fear is that I run the risk of having them look too alien to the various chip collections. Even just the font can't dictate whether they'll work on highly themed sets and tables.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom