Giveaway 5k post - BCC giveaway (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eriks

Straight Flush
Supporter
Reaction score
5,000 posts, time flies!

For those of you that don’t know me. I am a soon to be 42 year old Swede, working in the HR field. I have a wife and two kids, 9 and 15 and we live outside of the beautiful Swedish capital of Stockholm. Poker and poker chips has been a passion of mine for nearly 20 years, although my wife would sooner call it an obsession. She’s not wrong. I have that nerdy thing about me and when if I find something that really interests me, I go all-in! I love to host games and love to meet new people/players.

Besides poker I am, or at least used to be, an avid runner. Up until covid started, I averaged 55-60 kilometers (34-37 mi) per week and was going to finally reach my goal of running the sub40 minute 10k, at either of the races I was scheduled for in the spring of 2020. Obviously the races didn’t happen and so, neither did the sub40. Yada yada yada, belly grew, closet ”shrunk” and right now I’d probably be happy to break a sub50. But I’m trying to battle with myself and my new bad habits to claw my way back there. If there are any other old men out there trying to run, hit me up. Maybe we can inspire each other.

I have never been a part of an online community like this one before. Was a not very active member at the blue wall, and have probably made some posts on 2+2, but this is certainly something else. I have met and talked to so many amazing people, many of which I now consider friends. I won’t start a long list of names because inevitably I will forget to include someone. You know who you are.

I realize I have been lucky to get in to this hobby when I did and I have had the good fortune of being able to own a lot of different sets, without it costing me an arm and a leg. Most post pics of their sets in these kind of threads, but I feel like I’ve done that too much already. All sets, past and present are documented right here for those interested: https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/erik’s-pcf-journey-in-pictures.88637/

So, that was a bit about me and my time here. Thank you for reading this far, now onto the:

Giveaway

So, how to celebrate this big event? Well, a giveaway seems to be a standard way of doing it, so that’s what I’ll do. As you may or may not know, I am a huge BCC fan. I know most come here set on getting Paulsons and have no idea that there are other clay options. Therefore this giveaway will be for two barrels of the wondeful BCC Mardi gras v2 $20s (mint) and one barrel of BCC Protegé $5s (used). I dare you to find a nicer shuffle stack than well used cigar & snifter chips. Previously I have dealt pokerhands to decide winners and thought that was fun, so I’ll do that again here.

- I will do two 10-handed tables and deal a hand of hold em at each table.
- The winner at each table will meet in a HU hand of Omaha to determine the winner.
- The loser of the HU-hand will receive one barrel of BCC Protege $5s for his or her shuffling pleasure (free world wide shipping).
-The winner will receive two barrels of the Mardi gras $20s (free world wide shipping).

If a hand ends up as a split pot, I will deal a complete new hand to those players involved only, until one winner is decided.

Registration to enter is open for 24 hours. Assuming there is enough interest, I will then randomly select 20 contestants among them.

To enter you must post ”IN” together with some kind of interaction you’ve had with something/someone Swedish (chatting with me or other Swedish members on here doesn’t count). Could be that you visited here, had meatballs at Ikea, that you drive a Volvo or are an Ingmar Bergman fan (for some reason). Or whatever you can think of. Swedish members wanting to enter can simply put ”Ja för helvete!”

No restrictions on who can enter and do what you will with the chips of course, but please don’t be a dick and enter, win and insta list them for sale. Also, I do have a couple of asshats on ignore that will be naturally excluded, but it’s probably mutual so they won’t see this anyway.

That’s it for now folks. Here’s to another 5k posts!

Best,

Erik

Edit: the mardi gras photos are @Potsie1 ’s. I don’t have the chips in hand. I hope it’s ok I borrow them, let me know if you want them taken down.

B3D8439F-3CE2-4EAB-86AE-A3D02BC42F5F.jpeg
AB9026DB-A7F3-44DE-9C1F-6A747DB40C1F.jpeg
AEAC5D4B-65C9-4260-B24F-6C3CB3E47DFD.jpeg

Last edited:
In. Lived 3 years in Sweden so had many of interactions. Was working for Skistar in Sälen :)

IN! they gave us some of your fish our first day of nursing school back in 2006. And the massages aren't bad either!

Attachments

• 1657106336089.png
    1657106336089.png
    528 KB · Views: 89
Nice giveaway and nice to hear some background, @Eriks.

Very generous, especially to include worldwide shipping. I did buy legs for one of my poker tables at Ikea. I have since replaced the legs and also been dispossessed of the table. In, if qualified.

Also a former old man runner. Did a half marathon in a shade over 2 hours. I'd like to find the time to get back in to it, but running hurts my knees and hips now.

If there are any other old men out there trying to run, hit me up. Maybe we can inspire each other.

@mike32?

Congrats on the milestone!

I'll let others compete for the prizes but will say that in addition to the standard tourist trips, I've been to Sweden to play some CCG's and teach martial arts (not at the same time haha). Even dated a young lady in Stockholm for a short while back in the day. In my experience people are just super friendly there. :)

Nice giveaway and nice to hear some background, @Eriks.

Very generous, especially to include worldwide shipping. I did buy legs for one of my poker tables at Ikea. I have since replaced the legs and also been dispossessed of the table. In, if qualified.

Also a former old man runner. Did a half marathon in a shade over 2 hours. I'd like to find the time to get back in to it, but running hurts my knees and hips now.

@mike32?
I’ll probably start an old men trying to run-thread

Well I once opened a can of Swedish fermented herring..
And also had Swedish girlfriend when living in Brussels,
Both this instances were unforgettable experiences..

Well I once opened a can of Swedish fermented herring..
And also had Swedish girlfriend when living in Brussels,
Both this instances were unforgettable experiences..
Haha I bet they were

In. Thanks. Only Swedish contact I have had is with the meatballs at Ikea although I hear you all like crawfish so we have that in common too. Thanks again!

In There like swim wear.

met an Olympic ski coach for Sweden while traveling in Hawaii (of all places!). we had a couples dinner together, one of the nicest strangers I’ve ever met.

In! Congrats and thanks!!

Unfortunately my only experience has been outside of your beautiful country - and that’s Ikea. I hope to visit one day.

Last edited:
IN, thanks!

One or my closest poker buddies’ wife (who’s I’m also good friend with) is Swedish and they often go back to Sweden to visit her side of the family. They’re there now. My friend just sent our home game group this pic yesterday, since we joke around about Swedish fish being the best Swedish export:

427DD372-4260-4A75-B045-0992DA561270.jpeg

In!
Ikea is my wifes favorite store. Probably because I am the one that has to put everything together that she buys.

Spent a lot of time reading up on Sweden when we thought we were moving there. Was looking forward to the move.

I’m in for this one!

Have an entire set that can use and is missing the Mardi Gras :sneaky:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom