2019 NCAA Bracket Challenge interest? (aka Sparty was robbed!) (1 Viewer)

Less than 17 hours until the Final Four starts up... and it's the last day I can cheer for both Virginia and MSU.

I checked the betting lines, and most experts are taking Virginia -5.5 (which is great!), but more concerning is the MSU line: Sparty is favored by 3.5 -- the experts are taking MSU straight up, but Texas Tech to cover the spread (WTF?!?)

In other words, that game is going to give me ulcers.

the experts are taking MSU straight up, but Texas Tech to cover the spread (WTF?!?)

#1 defense in the country, and the Spartans turn the ball over too much.

But I have faith in Izzo. Give him a week to game plan, he'll be ready for anybody. Just hoping Texas Tech has been reading the papers all week and they are enamored with just being there.

One Shining Moment, brought to you by the Hallmark Channel

Vintage 2000. That Morris Peterson dunk play that MSU pulled of in championship game against Florida is pretty funny. The players told Izzo in the huddle that the back -door alley oop dunk play would work-coming out of a time-out. Izzo said “no way we are calling that now. Critical point late in game. Mateen is so jacked up that he’ll probably throw the ball over the backboard.” Mateen said “no coach, mopete is right. It will work”. BOOM!

Vintage 2000. That Morris Peterson dunk play that MSU pulled of in championship game against Florida is pretty funny. The players told Izzo in the huddle that the back -door alley oop dunk play would work-coming out of a time-out. Izzo said “no way we are calling that now. Critical point late in game. Mateen is so jacked up that he’ll probably throw the ball over the backboard.” Mateen said “no coach, mopete is right. It will work”. BOOM!
Can't watch it yet... Too early to be thinking "One Shining Moment"... Can't jinx the Spartans...

(Although I'm going to love the highlights from Duke-Sparty.)

That was... by far... the ugliest half of basketball I've seen Michigan State play. Ever.

How are we only down by 2?

That was... by far... the ugliest half of basketball I've seen Michigan State play. Ever.

How are we only down by 2?
We can’t even get a shot over them. Better make some adjustments. This Texas tech defense is no joke. Gonzaga might have had the best offense in the tourney and look what TT did to them. Yikes. We need to hit some 3’s

Great defense by both teams. That was an incredibly low scoring first half. But I do have to say ...

Guns up! Wreck 'em Tech! Beat Virginia!

Great defense by both teams. That was an incredibly low scoring first half. But I do have to say ...

Guns up! Wreck 'em Tech! Beat Virginia!
congrats! i think you out-toughed us. remarkable that we made it that far with the injury to Langford this year. wait til next year! lol

I'll give a begrudging congrats as well... I hate the way it ended, but at least State lost because Tech was the better team in the final couple of minutes (as opposed to a missed double dribble and a foul with 0.6 seconds on the clock).

Still cheering for Virginia, though... And anyone who takes the "over" on the point spread is insane.

Well, the tournament is over and I want to thank everyone for joining this year and having patience with the hiccups at the beginning! It was extremely close (went down to the Final Four) between Poker Zombie and myself, and Gonzaga's win in the 3rd round was the only reason I avoided tieing Sparty.

I hope this made the NCAA tournament a little more fun for everyone, and I hope everyone will participate again next year!

Cheers,
MacGrad

I couldn't keep up with my running commentary because I was in the wonderful world of the Hitching Post meet-up. We had the games on, and if Virginia had gone down in the Final Four, I would have been on cloud nine.

Still, while I don't care for college basketball, the bracket challenge makes it exciting. I had a good time, and for very little dough. I'd call that a win. :cool

Congratulations to UVa for winning the mens basketball championship. It was a great game, but they did what they had to at the end. Proud of my Red Raiders, but they got outplayed.

Proud of my Red Raiders, but they got outplayed.
I wonder if they could've beat Auburn had the refs called that double dribble...

Also proud of how MSU played. With the injuries they sustained this year, I think Izzo squeezed every drop of effort out of them and beating Duke and making it to the Final Four, although not a Championship, was still a great season.

And oh yeah, ESPN, NBC Sports and SI are already ranking the Spartans #1 for 2019-2020.

Yeay UVA. Netted me 2 big wins. the (3)-(2) score in the semi's hit my numbers, and I had UVA for the win, winning the one and only bracket I completed (which not on here). +200 for the tournament.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom