2019 NCAA Bracket Challenge interest? (aka Sparty was robbed!) (1 Viewer)

I know even less about college basketball than I do about poker.

Seriously, if someone offered me a mint set TRKs if I could name a single player or coach in the tournament, I would name "Basketball Jones".

Still, not knowing how to play poker has never slowed me down. Count me in. :tup:

I know even less about college basketball than I do about poker.

Seriously, if someone offered me a mint set TRKs if I could name a single player or coach in the tournament, I would name "Basketball Jones".

Still, not knowing how to play poker has never slowed me down. Count me in. :tup:

Sounds like you have the expertise to make multiple entries...

Just a reminder to everyone that the bracket entries close tomorrow (Thursday) at around noon -- make sure you have your picks submitted by then!

If you're having issues with the link I sent to the group, please let me know ASAP.

Cheers!

All signed up. I feel like I got this thing in the bag. Now all I gotta do is find the bag...

Hey everyone,

Just a mid-evening reminder to get your entries in as soon as you can so you don't get locked out (the group is locked at tipoff tomorrow).

I can see brackets in the group for everyone except:
Wife of @slurpeee
@colter ripton
@msuroo
@legend672

If you need me to resend the link, please let me know ASAP.

Thanks!

Thanks for the reminder - I just haven’t done it yet. Will get it in tonight.

Midnight reminder:

Less than 12 hours to fill out / adjust your brackets before tipoff.

I only have 10 entries of the 12, and there's one name I don't recognize -- could the owner of PJPickled please shoot me a PM so I know which PCFer this belongs to? :D

Watching the first game. Kinda fun, even though 9/10 players in the pool picked Louisville, so it's not much of a factor from the challenge perspective.

I really miss Bergs' March Madness can't lose threads.

Go Heels!

Last edited:
Watching the first game. Kinda fun, even though 9/10 players in the pool picked Louisville, so it's not much of a factor from the challenge perspective.
Think of it like a poker tournament -- the first couple of rounds, you're just trying to avoid a bad beat that cripples your bracket. The real scoring happens in the mid- to late levels. ;)

Think of it like a poker tournament -- the first couple of rounds, you're just trying to avoid a bad beat that cripples your bracket. The real scoring happens in the mid- to late levels. ;)
Play in a basketball bracket, learn poker tournament strategy.

I love this place. :)

Running the numbers a little in my head. Marquette vs Murray. Everyone but msuroo has Marquette, but a number of players have Marquette running deeper than I do, so a Murray victory would actually be good for me, despite my picking Marquette.

By the time this is done, I'm going to need a spreadsheet to figure out who I'm actually rooting for.

If you look at it from a point potential, Undead money is now leading, thanks to the Racers. :cool

Gotta celebrate now - I don't expect to be around by the end.

Biggest upset prediction in today's games: Sparty picking UC Irvine, over Kansas State. PjPickled has Kansas State going to the Final Four.

Sadly, I'm a Wolverines man myself. I just heard the word "Spartans" tossed around a lot this year, so I figure they have a chance.

Also, the movie 300.

That's strange, I made the picks.....weird. No worries, please keep the money in the pool.

Good luck guys!

That's strange, I made the picks.....weird. No worries, please keep the money in the pool.

Good luck guys!
@PAZ : do you have a live bracket on ESPN?

Since ESPN locked all brackets at tipoff, and you couldn't change picks based on yesterday's results, I wouldn't have an issue including it in the pool.

It's funny you asked. I got an email today with my round 1 update. Yikes! Whose pool did I enter? #noclue

IMG_0963.PNG

So, it appears PAZ created a bracket on ESPN in time, but it didn't go into our pool.

I just want to do a quick survey of the other participants... I think he should still be allowed to participate in the PCF pool, because:
  • He paid
  • He submitted a bracket on time on the ESPN site
  • His picks were locked in as soon as tipoff occurred on Thursday, so he couldn't change anything based on game results
  • I know ESPN was experiencing technical issues in allowing people to join public and private groups before tipoff
Does anyone have an issue with PAZ using his bracket and being a part of this?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom