2 more no limit hands (1 Viewer)

onerand

3 of a Kind
Reaction score
Both hands are from 1-2 NL, 300 cap.

Hand 1. 300 effective.
New to the table, no reads, villain opens to 12 in early position, I call with 87hh in late position, someone else calls.

Flop is T92 rainbow with one heart. Villain bets 30 and only I call. That's a large bet and I think calling is fine.

Turn is Ah. Villain bets 60. Action?
I call with as much fortitude as a used napkin.

River is a black 7. Villain checks. Action?

Hand 2
Different game. Villain is a very tight older man with over 600. I lost a pot the hand before and have 250. He has not raised in my 25 minutes at the table. I've been a little active.

Villain opens to 12 in early position after UTG limps. I call on cutoff with 55 and UTG calls. UTG is a weak passive guy with 125 behind.

Flop is, to borrow a phrase from Neeme, favorable, 522dd. UTG checks, villain bets 20. We both call. A raise has merit.

Turn is a black 9. UTG checks and Villain bets 25. Action?

Hand 1: He's opening the door to steal the pot, but if he's got you beat, I don't think you can bet him out of the pot. If you've got him beat, he's not putting any more in the pot. Check.

Hand 2: Raisy daisy.

Hand 1: He's opening the door to steal the pot, but if he's got you beat, I don't think you can bet him out of the pot. If you've got him beat, he's not putting any more in the pot. Check.

Hand 2: Raisy daisy.

For hand 2, how much raisy daisy and why?

1) Ship turn. Not much to say - remember @bentax1978 hand where guy looked super-strong raising turn and we laid down 2 pair? Pretty similar spot (not quite as good, but meh, we have all the drawz and stuff.)

As played, check back.

2) Call. He'll bet again with any hand that would call a raise, and sizing will be right to jam river. Possible extra $25 from third player is added bonus. Or you never know, maybe he'll spazz with 63s. :D

Napkin comment in hand 1 is one of the all time top 10 on this site. And I check river.

On hand 2, you need to get it in on the turn (or make shipping any river a foregone conclusion). I'd make it $140. UTG may call and it looks like an isolation play so you may get a ship from Villian but a call is certain - he's not laying down that AA or KK. Your description of him is the prototypical OMC waiting for AA/KK/QQ.

Hand 1 - if you think villian has an A then check. If you think he missed the A, then bet $100. If you just don't know, check.

Hand 2 - About $150 in the pot, Villian raised and is leading the whole way

raise turn to $75 to build the pot.

If he's holding JJ-AA he should call or possibly raise. Also any river diamond or over card kills action.
If he is on the diamond draw, he'll pay to see the river.

Thank you all.

Hand 1 is a shove on the turn and I am embarrassed I was not sober enough to realize it. Villain bet light either on flop or turn, unless he hit AAA. If he has an overpair and folds, good for me. River there is no way I am ahead and I would have shoved if I paired the 8. Probably should have tried ramming it through. I checked and lost to QQ.

Hand 2, I was displeased with the tiny turn bet and made it 55, a funny size. Maybe villain will spazz, but it makes a river jam more manageable. UTG folded quickly. Villain tanked for a minute and folded ace high. Running bad in a different way.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom