Xbox One Headset (1 Viewer)

Looking for a somewhat inexpensive ($50-75) headset for Xbox One for my son (turns 9 on Thursday). Was going to choose between these two as they both seem to fit the bill. Any other suggestions, or reasons to go with one vs the other?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00KSVXSZU/
http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-One-Stereo-Headset/dp/B00IAVDQCK
dont order from amazon, go down to best buy and pick up the same thing in person.

amazon returns are a bit of a pain if you go with their third party protection plan

it will be easier in the long run to get the same headset at bestbuy, best buy also offers price match for amazon.com products, find something on amazon for 1c and at best buy its $50, they will price mach.

get the 2 year protection plan thru bestbuy as kids typically fray the wires or destroy these headsets

edit: turtle beach is a nice reputable beginner headset, no expeiernce with the microsoft headsets

stay away from the microsoft head sets. they are not durable enough for a 9 year old. turtle beach can take a lickin.

the protection plan really isnt worth it unless your kid will throw them against the wall or ground during a rage quit.

Picked up the Turtle Beach one locally on the way home from work at Target, who matched the Amazon price, plus I get 5% off and 120 day return policy with my Target credit card. His birthday is tomorrow, so I'll let you know how it works out. Thanks!

i didnt know target gives you 120 day return policy with its card. have to look further into that. thanks.

Lol. I wouldn't let my 9 year old have a headset. If he does he will be exposed to some of the nastiest, most sexist, racist, facist, jihadist, communist, scientologistical (not a real word :) ) nonsense, profane conversations he will ever be subject to. And you won't hear ANY of it. Lmao

Lol. I wouldn't let my 9 year old have a headset. If he does he will be exposed to some of the nastiest, most sexist, racist, facist, jihadist, communist, scientologistical (not a real word :) ) nonsense, profane conversations he will ever be subject to. And you won't hear ANY of it. Lmao

At least for the moment, he wants the headset so he can chat with his 8-11 year old friends while playing Minecraft. The other thing I have going for me is he has absolutely no tolerance for "inappropriate language" (his words). For better or worse, the vast majority of the inappropriate language he gets exposed to is from his parents (and about 80% from Mrs.Bentax's potty mouth), and we get swiftly reprimanded by him for it.

That said, I completely understand potential issues, which is why his Xbox is still heavily locked down in terms of restrictions and what he can and can't do with it.

So what you're telling me is I can continue to run my mouth while online with an almost clear conscience. ;)

I think what I'm really telling you is to be careful because my kid is very likely to report you to the Microsoft if he hears you. :LOL: :laugh:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom