WSOP Main Event ? (1 Viewer)

IMG_8813.jpeg

Gross

I'm finally caught up. And I'm so glad that little shit who whined about getting his hand killed didn't make the final table.
He called the floor and complained that since they were playing for $12 million, the dealer should call him over when its his turn.
Boo hoo, Karen.
If i was playing for $12 million dollars, I'd either stay in my seat or pay freaking attention.

They already had one complaint on the blind monitor being wrong. It had read next level 1M / 1.5M / 1.5M and instead they played 800k / 1.6M / 1.6M. They were rather insistent that the structure sheet is what matter and that’s what they are going to stick to.

Good luck with that WSOP…level 41 on the oh so important structure sheet has a 1,250,000 SB and the 25ks have been colored up. Lol

7DE3E99F-0C74-4455-9251-6CF407542FED.jpeg

Edit: looks like clock is set up for 1m/2.5m. Hope someone gets feisty with the floor, would be fun to watch.
4967F740-08B5-4074-BB71-1521E4CE2200.jpeg

Last edited:
Once upon a time they had 250k denom chips in the WSOP set..... no problems with the posted blind schedule back then.

Amazing that despite Poker no longer being the craze it was and the run it went on starting with Moneymaker's win, that the WSOP field has still managed to grow so much. So many players now, its far less likely to see a pro we know survive so deep. Most likely we will now see final tables with poorly behaved, low poker pedigree players that no one has heard of and will never be heard from again.

Imagine how large the fields will be if the US gaming companies quit shooting themselves in the foot by blocking online poker. Black Friday didn’t help them, poker rooms have been closing since then. Online poker is an easy gateway to live poker and it will lead to the return of the huge influx in sponsor money. Pokerstars and FullTilt ad revenue kept poker on ESPN in prime time.

There’s a lot of talk and speculation about whether there was a chop. Given the way that played out three-handed and two-handed, I’d be shocked if there was no chop. Deeb insists there wasn’t a chop, but I don’t think I believe him.

Imagine how large the fields will be if the US gaming companies quit shooting themselves in the foot by blocking online poker. Black Friday didn’t help them, poker rooms have been closing since then. Online poker is an easy gateway to live poker and it will lead to the return of the huge influx in sponsor money. Pokerstars and FullTilt ad revenue kept poker on ESPN in prime time.
Pokerstars often has online satellites for EPT and PCA, I can only Imagine how many players in the US would be interested in online tournaments to play in the WSOP.

On the otherhand how big of a field is to big? Does it lose its charm when you don´t know anyone at the final table? Are we looking at the format continue or maybe we will see some new format later where known pros enter the field on day 3 maybe with an avg stack...

There’s a lot of talk and speculation about whether there was a chop. Given the way that played out three-handed and two-handed, I’d be shocked if there was no chop. Deeb insists there wasn’t a chop, but I don’t think I believe him.
I would be really surprised if they didn’t swap a little before the final table. Kind of depends how much they each had remaining.

It’d be really hard to tell if there was a chop, because they honestly might not have valued the 2nd place ladder that much as crazy as it sounds. 1st place was way higher and 1st comes with a ton of intangibles. I think if I’m there, I’m playing really close to chipEV (or at least attempting to)

Amazing that despite Poker no longer being the craze it was and the run it went on starting with Moneymaker's win, that the WSOP field has still managed to grow so much. So many players now, its far less likely to see a pro we know survive so deep. Most likely we will now see final tables with poorly behaved, low poker pedigree players that no one has heard of and will never be heard from again.
Poorly behaved? What was poor behavior on the final table? Lots of jokes and smiles, genuinely liked them.

And low poker pedigree is bullshit lol. What does that mean? We want people with a rich lineage of gambling? In the same post you talk about how legendary Moneymaker's win was, then we go on to discuss the poor pedigree of players no one has heard of... c'mon now. That's the allure of the main event, people sign up to be one of those 3 duking it out for the bracelet with the cash on the table.

Poorly behaved? What was poor behavior on the final table? Lots of jokes and smiles, genuinely liked them.

And low poker pedigree is bullshit lol. What does that mean? We want people with a rich lineage of gambling? In the same post you talk about how legendary Moneymaker's win was, then we go on to discuss the poor pedigree of players no one has heard of... c'mon now. That's the allure of the main event, people sign up to be one of those 3 duking it out for the bracelet with the cash on the table.
Right. And if the main event is too low-brow for anybody, fortunately the WSOP has something for everybody. Over 80 bracelet events at a range of buy-ins from like $300 to $250,000. The majority of the final tables were streamed on pokergo. There were plenty of boring, quiet GTO Holdem final tables.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom