WSOP Main Event ? (2 Viewers)

I’m shocked that Alec torelli is still in this tournament and I haven’t seen him once. Does the poker world hate him that much? Granted he’s a huge douche and that big chips behind incident was a bad look, but I can’t help thinking that Doug Polk’s hit piece was horribly effective. Don’t piss off Doug Polk.
Or the hit piece was effective simply because of what a douche Torelli is. I hope someone slow-rolls his ass out of the tournament.

There's a difference between being a heel and being a genuine asshole lol
Is there? I’m trying to wrap my head around this. It’s not like wrestling, where people are paid to play a role to entertain the fans. Poker is real life. At least it is for the 9 guys at the table. I feel like if you’re a jerk at the table, it doesn’t matter if you go home and hug the wife and kid, you’re still a jerk.

Is there? I’m trying to wrap my head around this. It’s not like wrestling, where people are paid to play a role to entertain the fans. Poker is real life. At least it is for the 9 guys at the table. I feel like if you’re a jerk at the table, it doesn’t matter if you go home and hug the wife and kid, you’re still a jerk.
Yea, I'd say there's a difference at ramping up the douchebaggery (is that a word?) at the table to get a reaction or tells off of other players, or put them on tilt. Contrast that with someone who is just a douche and it transfers into every area of their life. I'd say there's a difference there.

Hot mic around 3:25 in (4 min ago) picked up Norman Chad absolutely ripping into someone on the production crew.

Edit: timestamp is 3:26:40 day 8 part 1

Last edited:
Hot mic around 3:25 in (4 min ago) picked up Norman Chad absolutely ripping into someone on the production crew.
I haven’t gotten there yet. But that isn’t shocking because from what I’ve read, Norman Chad sucks and he’s miserable.
And I stopped finding him amusing at least a half decade ago.

I haven’t gotten there yet. But that isn’t shocking because from what I’ve read, Norman Chad sucks and he’s miserable.
And I stopped finding him amusing at least a half decade ago.
Turn it up when you get close. I wouldn’t be surprised if this becomes a thing.

Reddit link for those without a subscription

Last edited:
I had just given up when all of a sudden I heard some quiet f bombs. What an idiot. Best part is Maria and Lon almost, but not quite laughing.

Just dropping in to say that I think it's insanely stupid to keep the final table paywalled behind a streaming service 9/10 people will not subscribe for solely for this event. They had 65,000 people watching the free stream that apparently dropped to less than half that. Just put advertisements in it... I miss ESPN coverage so bad right now.

Also, Josh Payne has 28k lifetime winnings in live poker, and his last years WSOP result is below:

1,743$1,062

He's second place right now with 23 players remaining.

Which mean's he's guaranteed at least 400k from this alone. I seriously hope he takes it for first place.

Just dropping in to say that I think it's insanely stupid to keep the final table paywalled behind a streaming service 9/10 people will not subscribe for solely for this event. They had 65,000 people watching the free stream that apparently dropped to less than half that. Just put advertisements in it... I miss ESPN coverage so bad right now.
I hear you. There are a lot of valid complaints about pokergo. They’ve been at it for a few years and trying different things, but it seems like they’ve decided their revenue needs to come from subscribers, not advertisers.

I don’t like paying for anything. But this was worth it to me. And it’s worth mentioning that they delivered a whole bunch of free coverage over the past six weeks. They’ve just drawn the line in the sand on the final stages of the main event.
Maybe they’ll do it differently next year.

I hear you. There are a lot of valid complaints about pokergo. They’ve been at it for a few years and trying different things, but it seems like they’ve decided their revenue needs to come from subscribers, not advertisers.

I don’t like paying for anything. But this was worth it to me. And it’s worth mentioning that they delivered a whole bunch of free coverage over the past six weeks. They’ve just drawn the line in the sand on the final stages of the main event.
Maybe they’ll do it differently next year.
Which is honestly such a strange thing to do. They could have this as one of the premiere events online right now and advertise the shit out of it.

Seems like such a short sighted business move to me. The awesome part about the WSOP previously was that having it on ESPN next to, say, hockey or football was that it legitimized it in a way that this doesn't.

I'm also not what I would consider cheap either - it's kind of the principle of this bullshit that we're now nickle and dimed every step of the way now for literally everything... anyway. I'm just a bitter Canadian because we have two months of decent weather all year.

IMG_8801.jpeg

This is the extra day they added from last years structure and good that they did, the record field extends the expected end of the tournament by roughly another level. Last year they had to go to final table with 10 instead of 9 after playing a monster 7+ level session on day 7 instead of the usual 5

My guess is they play around 3 levels today, which explains the later start.

Rooting for Payne again, and again hoping to see Torelli stacked. Payne was quite impressive in a couple hands yesterday…3 bet chip leader relentlessly and had a very nice adjustment checking down 77 as the 3 better when the board ran out JxxAx. Can’t remember the exact cards but just dusty stuff not too relevant. He was up against AJ and it looked like he picked up a live read.

Near the end of 1st level and it’s weird they are not letting them hand-for-hand. They are basically begging for hand-for-hand and threatening to tank every decision.

There are 3 sub 10 bb stacks and a like $100k pay jump so massive incentives for stalling

Juan Maceiras ripping through these guys lol
He just bet-call river against UTG10 with A8 on 775K9. UTG10 floated turn which is strange line for something like JT or QJ and I think those are the only bluffs he beat. So strange.

Much, much worse than open jamming 66 for 30 bigs.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom