Would you rather play on a nice table with poor chips, or a poor table with nice chips? (2 Viewers)

What is more important to you, really nice chips, or a really nice table?

• Nice Chips

Votes: 48 44.0%
  • Nice Table

Votes: 61 56.0%

• Total voters
I kind of appreciate the presence of hot dogs in most settings, but it feels weird to have something so spill-prone and greasy so close to your pretty tables and chips?

I suppose individual preference rank can change over time, but for me, right now, cards and chips are top two. And I’m sure that I’ll play with dice chips again before using paper cards. Plastic, poker-size, jumbo index cards are just that good.

I kind of appreciate the presence of hot dogs in most settings, but it feels weird to have something so spill-prone and greasy so close to your pretty tables and chips?
2 things prevent the accidents you are worried about. Thing 1 is players who realize that and don't overload them with condiments. Thing 2 is a FAT, AND I MEAN FAT pit bull willing to handle clean up immediately :)

I’d take one of those folding card tables and nice chips over the best table and dice chips.

Those tables have a little padding on top and the legs can fold in. They only seat four though.

I’d take one of those folding card tables and nice chips over the best table and dice chips.

Those tables have a little padding on top and the legs can fold in. They only seat four though.
I've done exactly ^that before, long ago. Even had two of them back-to-back with a cheap topper placed on top before. With Paulsons and plastic cards. :)

I've done exactly ^that before, long ago. Even had two of them back-to-back with a cheap topper placed on top before. With Paulsons and plastic cards. :)

Lining them up back-to-back was there any issue of a dip in the middle?

When I have had bad poker experiences is usually more related to the set up than ever the chips. If a host cared enough about good chips that means they would have cared about everything else too.

Playing on a glass table with a lazy Susan in the middle to spin the chip to the winner was about as bad as it gets lol. I posted pics of it to prove it happened. Playing with mint Dunes or ADF’s would not have made it an enjoyable experience.

Great chips these days start in the China clay realm with Royals and Majestics and the likes. One can still find paulson solids that can be milled into potential hall of fame sets like Beantown Poker which is an awesome setup. I just saw 1100 Aquasinos for .55 each, a steal of a deal. All those sets make for a very enjoyable experience. Yes there are sets that are priced well out of recreational range but that’s our fault, enthusiasts who have set the market on fire by paying exhorbitant prices but I have managed to abstain from that personally. Table pads at 30 to 50 bucks each are very acceptable playing surfaces but you just can’t beat the feel of a good chip. Either clay or ceramic. I have a set of customs of each that are now 12 years old and I love em like they were new yesterday.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom