How many players per table would you prefer? (1 Viewer)

How many players per table? (30 players)

• 3 tables of 10, combine at 20

Votes: 3 5.3%
  • 3 tables of 10, combine at 18

Votes: 7 12.3%
  • 4 tables (2 with 8, 2 with 7), combine at 27

Votes: 7 12.3%
  • 4 tables (2 with 8, 2 with 7), combine at 24

Votes: 40 70.2%

• Total voters

krafticus

Straight Flush
Supporter
Reaction score
I often find my monthly NLHE tournaments get around 30 players per month. Curious what you would prefer, and why.

I’ve got 4 tables and plenty of room, so that’s not an issue. Not sure if I like managing 3 tables more, or having better pace of play.

Of course, with 4 tables running, there is no open cash table right away, but it doesn’t take long to get that going.

What is your preference??

Full ring tournaments with 9/10 at each table drag for me. Split it into 4 tables and combine/redraw when it's down to 24. You can always balance the tables in between hands if one table sees more knockouts than the other two.

We used to always play with 9 players & with COVID they went down to 6, then up to 7 and eventually settled on 8.

Consensus is 8 is the best number. 9 & 10 are just too many slowing the game down too much and too crowded. Less than 8, like 6 is fine, but then is someone gets up & you to are down to 5 and maybe you only had 5 to start with then when someone is up you are down to 4 and lots of people won't like playing short like that.

9-10 handed poker suuuuuuucks. I was reminded of this when I played the WSOP Colussus and realized that it was 10 handed and I hadn’t played 10 handed NLHE in at least 6 years…

9-10 handed poker suuuuuuucks. I was reminded of this when I played the WSOP Colussus and realized that it was 10 handed and I hadn’t played 10 handed NLHE in at least 6 years…
Agree. 6 to 8 handed the most. 5 is passable depending on the cast of characters but can be pretty miserable if you're at a table of loose passive players playing post flop bingo.

Anything 9 handed or more, why stop there? May as well make it 16 handed.

I agree 10 handed sucks. As a host, the delicate balance comes when you have 30 RSVP yes, then 3-4 cancel, and 4 tables doesn’t make as much sense. It always happens , unless of course, I actually set up 3 tables of 10. Then everyone shows up

I wonder if a sampling of PCFers is a good reflection of the tournament NLHE playing public. My guess is that you might find more tolerance for 10-handed play outside of pcf, especially when compared to 7-handed play.

I wonder if a sampling of PCFers is a good reflection of the tournament NLHE playing public. My guess is that you might find more tolerance for 10-handed play outside of pcf, especially when compared to 7-handed play.
maybe. I know most of these guys definitely play more 4+ card games these days, which just can't be done 10 handed. I do agree though, that 10-handed NLHE is slow and painful. Even MD Live has moved to 8 max per table now, which I think is the sweet spot.

Playing, I'll take 8 every day. Hosting is where my gray area comes in. as of now, I have 29. I'd bet dollars to donuts that come game time tomorrow at 7, I'll have no more than 25 players. (2 tables of 8, 1 of 9 then)

Mark

We do tables of 9. I pay out 1 spot, plus an added spot for up to every 9 players. When we get down to 10 we play two 5 handed tables and then redraw the final table of 9.

10 as the organizer, 8 or less as a player.

I agree 10 handed sucks. As a host, the delicate balance comes when you have 30 RSVP yes, then 3-4 cancel, and 4 tables doesn’t make as much sense. It always happens , unless of course, I actually set up 3 tables of 10. Then everyone shows up
These...these right here. It gives me a headache even thinking about voting here because it makes me think of my next tourney invite.

Voted for the second option.

Opens up a cash table immediately, but avoids tourney participants from having to play a table of 10 twice.

Need the tourney bustos to be tilted, but not too tilted, when the cash game starts. :ninja:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom