Votes: 7 31.8%
  • Whoever is off the button

Votes: 2 9.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Poker Zombie

Royal Flush
Reaction score
After winning/being gifted chips from @BEANO52 he told @Mrs Poker Zombie that she and I would "have to battle for them". Since Beano's flip for the giveaway was an Omaha flip, we decided to battle for the chips in a PLO battle (1/1 stakes, each Item worth 1).

The poll will ask whose point of view you want to play from. Since the poll will remain open throughout the tournament, the PoV may change depending on which option is leading at the start of the hand.

We will be looking for input for tips/strategy. All we know from PLO is what we have learned from @Anthony Martino, and most of that is, "if you want to play fish for stacks, go to Texas". Beyond that, most of our experience with PLO is flips (which I believe is how all games with more than 2 cards are played). We will still play the tournament one player to a hand (your input will not change how the hand is played out).

I'll leave you with the open thread until we get some responses to the poll and then we will shuffle up and deal!

Having played poker with both of you, @Mrs Poker Zombie is the clear favorite, even in a flip.
Animated GIF

You my (or may not) want to share the USPS story LOL. This will be fun!
While we wait for a few more poll votes before we start, let's share the good and bad about USPS.

Mark was so generous for all those that made the final table in his giveaway that both PZ and I were getting goodies. They were arriving around the time of my birthday, which put my focus on that and my sister visiting. Thus, after the weekend, I eagerly checked the tracking code to see when it would arrive. Per USPS, it was "delivered to resident" at 7:57 am on 1/27 in Lavergne, TN. A few things of note:
  1. My USPS driver is NEVER near my house at that time of day.... I'm lucky if he arrives before 1 pm.
  2. My USPS driver only comes to the door if he's unable to fold, spindle, or mutilate the package to fit in the mailbox. And even then, it's left on the porch.
  3. I don't live in Lavergne.
Ugh. I call the main # at USPS to report a misdelivered package. What a joy to navigate their call tree. Regardless, I eventually got the automated call tree to get me a real person. She was quite nice and agreed that I don't live where it was delivered. Case opened.

On 2/1, I get a voice mail from my local USPS that the package is on its way and to please give it a few more days.

On Friday, 2/9, I call my local USPS to get an update. After some digging, she informs me the business to which it was delivered (which certainly isn't a "resident") did return the package and it was last scanned in Nashville....Progress! She lets me know this happens a lot (eek). She thinks it'll be here Saturday and to watch the tracking. I politely let her know that the tracking just says it was delivered on 1/27. Apparently their system shows more, which I can live with.

On Saturday I keep an eye out for said delivery and when I see the truck, I head on out and, amazingly, there are the chips!

My driver is an idiot, but the team behind them were quite polite and I'm grateful the unknown business returned the package unopened instead of what could have happened.

Starting stacks in the winner take all challenge.
1708095426143.jpeg

As a reminder, it's 1/1 Pot Limit Omaha. Starting stacks are worth 12. Each item =1, regardless of denom or awesomeness. I mean the cut card alone should be worth 100x, but there was already a lot of drinking going on by the time we started the first hand.

Hero (Mrs Zombie as per the poll at the time of this post) is on the button, and is dealt:
1708095821334.jpeg

Pot size: 2. Your action?

Starting stacks in the winner take all challenge.
View attachment 1274773

As a reminder, it's 1/1 Pot Limit Omaha. Starting stacks are worth 12. Each item =1, regardless of denom or awesomeness. I mean the cut card alone should be worth 100x, but there was already a lot of drinking going on by the time we started the first hand.

Hero (Mrs Zombie as per the poll at the time of this post) is on the button, and is dealt:
View attachment 1274775

Pot size: 2. Your action?
Bet pot to see where we are at.

3-suited Queen-high is probably a check-fold, but the villain did not take advantage so it goes check-check to the flop.

1708176062948.png

Villain, now first to act, checks the flop. What is your move holding :8d::6s::qh::4h:?

2:1 PCF'ers favor the pot-sized call, but Hero aligned with @Frogzilla and bet 1/2 pot (1 chip). Villain called.

The turn brings in a diamond that @krafticus was wary of. The straight works as a bluff-catcher though, and hero has a boat redraw. So the hero's hand is :8d: :6s: :qh: :4h: and Villain pots. What is your play?
1708368375106.png

2:1 PCF'ers favor the pot-sized call, but Hero aligned with @Frogzilla and bet 1/2 pot (1 chip). Villain called.

The turn brings in a diamond that @krafticus was wary of. The straight works as a bluff-catcher though, and hero has a boat redraw. So the hero's hand is :8d: :6s: :qh: :4h: and Villain pots. What is your play?
View attachment 1276852
Depends if we think villain can be betting hands that are not flushes. Is villain ever bluffing ever. If so, this is a great hand to call…has a diamond, has the straight, has some boat outs. If not, then have to fold.

I think give villain some respect and call

Honestly, we figured this was was more interesting to us than the other folks and dropped it. But.... since @Postoakpoker is looking....

As the current hero, after villain bets pot (which was 4), I repotted with a straight (4-8), a flush draw, a straight flush draw, and 2 pair (thus a boat draw). Villain folds.

New hand, villain is the dealer. I have:
1709994910431.png

Villain calls and we go to the flop: :8d::jc::9s:

Recommendations?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom