Would you do this to your Porsche? (3 Viewers)

Actually, unlike with my chips, I’ve never taken a photo of my car. Weird. Maybe once the weather gets nicer and I take her for a wash.
I noticed the red interior when you were at Bill's, it looked great! I rented a Panemera when we got married in Oregon and I really liked it.

Old punch line: "It weren't no Porch, it were a Ferrari."

Anyone remember the entire joke?

Display your age here! :cool

giphy.gif

Old punch line: "It weren't no Porch, it were a Ferrari."

Anyone remember the entire joke?

Display your age here! :cool
Alternate G-rated version:

"I heard you used a roller to paint your porch -- faster and no brush stoke lines that way, eh?"

"It weren't no Porch, it were a Ferrari."

Reliable, yes -- but fast is relative to your ability and your competition.

For most inexperienced racers, the MX-5 (Miata) is a better choice than any Porsche. And much cheaper. :cool
Absolutely so. The average, untrained person can go faster in a Miata than in a 911 if the course has no real straights, and is narrow, slippery, has gradients and is demanding in general.
The 911 may have shit tons of traction and grip to accommodate its power, but at the point where they run out, it takes a lot of training and experience to handle the car. No easy drift car, like a Miata or most modern ultra-friendly BMWs, the latter having ultra-long wheelbases (front to rear axle distance for the general public).
The 911, with a distinctly short wheelbase, still behaves like the widow-maker she always was, beyond her limits.

The 911, with a distinctly short wheelbase, still behaves like the widow-maker she always was, beyond her limits.

Ah but they really spin nicely! :cool

I never had a permanent ride in a 911, but I always found them trickier to drive than my Formula Fords.

Ah but they really spin nicely! :cool

I never had a permanent ride in a 911, but I always found them trickier to drive than my Formula Fords.
The drift / skid that's NOT nice is when you don't intend it to happen, especially on a mountain country road.
You 've done with pushing the car and have now relaxed, 'cause the road is damp and unforgiving, so you 're going nice and "slow", i.e. corners / curves of what should have been 90mph on the dry, now just 55mph.
BANG aquaplaning :eek:
Unscathed, didn't spin, but thank God nobody was coming the other way (it took ALL the road width to correct).

Edit: On a steady throttle and a steady steering angle:rolleyes:
The Lady is a Killer, even on "road" tyres:D on bad wet tarmac.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom