woods here! (1 Viewer)

BadMonkeyMusic

High Hand
Reaction score
Well, picked up 3 sheets of 23/32 and today I see some warping that wasn't there before.
It's in my cold garage right now and hoping it'll be OK when I start my build.

Thoughts?
should I use the top sheet for the rail maybe?

It's gonna be 86x44 raised rail, full blue SSC playing field, LED, and probably 5" wood width black whisper vinyl rail.
1/4" table foam and 1" 55lb rail foam(70 out of stock for a month), was also thinking of using left over strips of the 1" to double up the rail... only wrapping the top layer over the sides... anyone done this?

Attachments

• IMG_1058 (1).jpg
    IMG_1058 (1).jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 138
There’s some great table build threads on this forum. You might get some insight into your situation? No advice here as this is totally out of my wheelhouse.

Good luck and look forward to seeing the table when it’s finished!

I’ve searched and searched, with only one talking about warping, and they used it as the base I think...
I might return it and go with a better grade that would be more stable.... this is the “radiata pine”.
Also there’s a way to flatten it out with some moisture and weights, it warps from uneven drying I guess.

And yelling out “woods here” hasn’t worked for me EVER!
Wife doesn’t find it funny anymore!
Hahahaaaaa

I would use that top piece for the rail. Once you cut it out the warping on a 5" rail will be irrelevant.
The bottom 2 don't look that bad.
Bolt it all together and it'll be fine.

I would use that top piece for the rail. Once you cut it out the warping on a 5" rail will be irrelevant.
The bottom 2 don't look that bad.
Bolt it all together and it'll be fine.
Kinda my thoughts too...
I really don’t have the time to return it and get something else...

Well as I got ready to cut it down to size, I looked again and the bow in all 3 is just too much...
with a straight edge across the short side, it's dips approx' 1/4"... That's not gonna go away once it's built.

@BadMonkeyMusic A bit late for your thread now, but I noticed some warping just from having my boards set on uneven saw horses for ~3 weeks in the garage. The base had drooped on both ends so the middle was a high spot, and the playing surface kicked up at both ends...this is structural grade ply too.

I just set them flat on the floor and placed weights on the high spots. Was warm when I set it up, cold overnight, warm again the next day. They were dead flat again :unsure:

PXL_20210722_121501057.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom