Giveaway Windwalker Giveaway #1: 1000th Post (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is incredibly generous of you @Windwalker! It’s been fun to see your whirlwind of a PCF journey so far.

Tried my luck at the quiz. The first question was even tough...then I realized I just needed to input my PCF user name...hopefully I did that right :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

Probably in last place...going to hit that miracle one outer!

This is incredibly generous of you @Windwalker! It’s been fun to see your whirlwind of a PCF journey so far.

Tried my luck at the quiz. The first question was even tough...then I realized I just needed to input my PCF user name...hopefully I did that right :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

Probably in last place...going to hit that miracle one outer!
I liked how one answer was me and I didn't even know if I did it. Maybe I did... Maybe I didn't. I can't remember yesterday let alone what I've posted on this poor forum....

Well, I didn't have time to look up anything, so I made some educated guesses (although I remember a few). Hopefully I got at least 4 right.

Outside of those who have gotten 1 entry by liking the OP, below are current quiz standings. The "Entries" column indicates how many additional entries each member has in the drawing for the tournament. Please note, "asshat clause" filters have not yet been enabled.

1602801669286.png

What’s your prof pic?
Tesla's new "tabless" battery design. Each battery has a "cap" and a "can," basically the negative and positive elements of the battery cell. Inside is an interconnected "tab" and a "jellyroll" that house the polar electrodes. The picture is of a cross section of that Jellyroll.

I don’t think we’ve ever see something like this on PCF. My mind is blown. Amazing man. Sincerely thank you and I’m IN!!!

Just a fun statistical note -- the quiz massively increases your chance of winning. For example, @Josh Kifer who ended up "only" 9 additional entries and second-to-last in the first-day-rankings above -- he is 10 times more likely to win than someone who just "liked" the post. In poker parlance, if you stay with the single entry, you're trying to catch a one-outer. The more chances you earn, the more outs you have.

Last edited:
Just a fun statistical note -- the quiz massively increases your chance of winning. For example, @Josh Kifer who ended up "only" 9 additional entries and second-to-last in the first-day-rankings above -- he is 10 times more likely to win than someone who just "liked" the post. In poker parlance, if you stay with the single entry, you're trying to catch a one-outer. The more chances you earn, the more outs you have.
And I guessed on every, freaking, answer.

I'm rather shocked I even got the 9.

Thats the picture of money! Lots and lots of money. The technology that will change many things as we know them.
I wouldn't go that far. It's definitely a start, but we might be 70-80 before we have that huge a leap in sustainable energy growth. Even with the easier production mechanisms, fewer parts, lighter infrastructure and exponential power output, Tesla will have to generate 100x the levels of battery power than what it does right now to reach 10 terawatt hours of annual battery production. Good long term stock to have though!

Dang I feel bad we definitely had some convos about some of those questions and my score is reflecting my memory at the moment

I wouldn't go that far. It's definitely a start, but we might be 70-80 before we have that huge a leap in sustainable energy growth. Even with the easier production mechanisms, fewer parts, lighter infrastructure and exponential power output, Tesla will have to generate 100x the levels of battery power than what it does right now to reach 10 terawatt hours of annual battery production. Good long term stock to have though!
True, but i thought their goal for 2030 was like 2-3 terawatt hours? Your right though loooong ways to go. I saw an interstibg article talking about the 17 or so businesses Tesla is involved with. Pretty incredible and thats not including the SpaceX side of things.

Outside of those who have gotten 1 entry by liking the OP, below are current quiz standings. The "Entries" column indicates how many additional entries each member has in the drawing for the tournament. Please note, "asshat clause" filters have not yet been enabled.

View attachment 553339

Do the scores include the free one point or purely points from quiz?

Also curious, how might we know if we pass the asshat clause? Knowing @WedgeRock passed is a good indicator, but it wouldn’t be the first time I wasn’t a good selfawarewolf.

Do the scores include the free one point or purely points from quiz?

No, they do not. Just the quiz.

Also curious, how might we know if we pass the asshat clause? Knowing @WedgeRock passed is a good indicator, but it wouldn’t be the first time I wasn’t a good selfawarewolf.

Asshats don't get told they're asshats. I'd rather have them just wonder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom