Whats the most players you've ever played with at one table? (1 Viewer)

Sparkynutz

Flush
Supporter Plus
Reaction score
Built a 97x49 table for extra seating at upcoming poker party. I can put 12 chairs around it no problem.
Anybody play with 12? Or more?
Other table an actual poker table seats 8, maybe 9 max.

Would it be a bad idea to combine tables earlier if that many fit so cash games can start sooner on the smaller table?

10 players, including the playing dealer.
2 decks and a stand-alone shuffling machine.

13, it was ridiculously crowded but also mostly family and friends at a bachelor party; softest and drunkest game Ive ever been at. At one point they dealt hands, and then we all changed seats one to the left. Room kept spinning after I sat down.

Accidentally started a table with 11 plus the dealer at a local card room. We played like that for two hours before a few of us ordered food. It wasn't until the side tables arrived and feeling squeezed before someone mentioned there were more than 10 players on this table. Bunch of observant poker players...

We have played with 10 on the rare occasion when an overwhelming majority of my players are available, and it isnt noticeably different then playing 8 or 9 handed. 2 decks, shuffle behind self dealt game where everybody knows everybody and has played together for years.

I played a cheap tourney at my corporate office many years ago with 14 or 15 players at a single conference table.

It was utterly ridiculous, but I just rolled with it as the alternative was going back to the hotel and watching TV.

12 on a 96 x 42 table, which was way too cramped. I would say somewhat regularly we get 11 for an hour or 2, which is full but not awful. 10 is comfortable, but I prefer the action better with 8 players.

Pretty sure the most I’ve ever played was ten but I’ve done it often. It’s routine to seat ten players at tournament tables. If the tables are big enough, it’s fine. Stinks when the seating is tight, but the gameplay is fine. 10, 9 - whatever.

10, and it was tight. I certainly wouldnt play at a table with more. 8 is perfect in my mind.

12, We were already at 11 but when that "one" walks in, believe me, we make room.
Exactly where I'm at. 11 coming for sure and another 6-8 maybes. Not worth turning them away since all the maybes except one are very loose players that pretty much always donate their $20 for the night then go home.

12 (once) and 11 a couple of times, all long ago. Never again. I don't even like 10.

For tournaments, we seat 8 players to a table, with 9 at the final table.

For cash, it's 8-max and preferably 7 (so nobody has to sit out for certain circus games).

A home game at my place - 11 on one of those mass produced 6 ft long racetracks tables with folding legs and a wooden racetrack. Everyone got to know everyone else really well.

Other table an actual poker table seats 8, maybe 9 max.

Would it be a bad idea to combine tables earlier if that many fit so cash games can start sooner on the smaller table?
Yes. The mid-to-end game is slow enough as it is. High blinds means every hand can be your last, decisions are often for all your chips, hence people ponder.

Years ago I used to combine at 10 players, but I'm never ever going back to that. Not even 9, I combine at 8! With 9-10 players left, the play is a lot faster if split up at two tables. Another benefit (or side-effect) of this is that you will sooner be down to 8 players this way, since play is faster and since blinds/antes are paid more often per player. That means that at 8 players left, the blinds will be lower (i.e., higher average stacks relative to the blinds, meaning more poker and less "all-in-or-fold") than they would if you had combined at 10. 12 would be a nightmare!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom