Two Games at one Table? (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
I’m hosting a home game next week, and while I have plenty of experience hosting cash games, I have only a little bit of experience hosting tournaments. The two times I’ve hosted tourneys, I’ve had two tables - so when we combined tables we used the leftover table for a cash game.

Now comes my question: when space is limited and only one table can fit in the room comfortably, would it ever be acceptable to run a cash game on one half of a table while a tournament is going on on the other half? I have a full table for a STT, but my other table doesn’t fit in the same room. Should I set up a folding table and basically leave the tournament players alone in the poker room? Or just start the cash game in the 1-6 seats while the 7-9 seats continue their tourney?

Any input is helpful, my players are all pretty inexperienced and I imagine they wouldn’t particularly care as long as it isn’t super inconvenient

I've played at a coffee table while sitting on the floor. I've also "railed" a HU game where the playing surface was the seat of a chair. People who really want to play will find a way.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom