Recording home games / Eye in the sky? (2 Viewers)

RudysNYC

Flush
Reaction score
Could’ve sworn I saw a thread on this but gun to my head for the life of me I can’t find it

Has anyone had success streaming/recording their home games? If so, what setup did you use? I’ve been considering a few of these indoor security cams, but don’t know how well they work. Because of the room where my table goes up, the table sits diagonal, so I’d put one in either corner pointing at the table. If it’s somehow removable and replaceable as needed, I’d instantly cop

I’m going to be having an end of year/grad tournament for a few friends when I finish law school, and would like to memorialize it somehow beyond just pictures

I believe both @CraigT78 and @MegaTon44 have streamed/cam'd their meet ups ?
I'm just creepy and cam up my entire property. Can't help it, from Philly and been robbed too many times that I need to fortify my suburban compound (despite its designation as the safest city in PA)

Craig actually uses his tech for non creepy purposes and streams his meetups

I'm just creepy and cam up my entire property. Can't help it, from Philly and been robbed too many times that I need to fortify my suburban compound.

Craig actually uses his tech for non creepy purposes and streams his meetups
I think either would fit OPs attempt at making some sort of "memorable video"
Live streaming is live can it be stored and replayed or is that more on the cam side of things? That would have some form storage he could retrieve the footage from

IMG_6714.jpeg

Quality of the camera makes a BIG difference, especially if you want the ability to identify the board cards. I have basic Wyze v3 indoors cameras in the basement and while it’s great for general security, you can’t quite make out card suites.

Even with jumbo 4-pip cards…… :wtf:

For streaming I use a Logitech Brio and twitch.

You have to shoot at an angle as overhead lighting and a vertical camera will make the cards unreadable. So I use a freestanding floor mount with a flex neck. I believe it is for baby monitors.

This is actually surprisingly good in the grand scheme of things
Quality of the camera makes a BIG difference, especially if you want the ability to identify the board cards.
I'm less worried about super 4k high def, more worried about good audio quality than great visual quality. Banter more important than the specific hands lol
freestanding floor mount with a flex neck. I believe it is for baby monitors.
This is great, thank you

Yall rock

There are some screenshots and clips in the last two Degen in Dallas threads. I'm too lazy to look, but you can see the quality of the stream with my setup.

The first year I did clips
Screenshot_20240215_095100_Photos.jpg

The flex stand was much better
Screenshot_20240215_095117_Photos.jpg

There are some screenshots and clips in the last two Degen in Dallas threads. I'm too lazy to look, but you can see the quality of the stream with my setup.

The first year I did clips
View attachment 1274237

The flex stand was much better
View attachment 1274238
This setup is AWESOME

Thank you for all this, I will 100% check out the Degen in Dallas threads tn

I already have a ubiquiti security system, so I'd probably add a dome 360 camera over the table and could record it or pull a stream from the camera if I wanted.

more worried about good audio quality
Blue mics are okay for desk top quality, you’d likely be more interested in a boom mic. B&H would have a selection for you, maybe even Sweetwater. I would stay away from tech companies when it comes to audio.

I think you’ll find the budget for streaming with what you refer to as good audio restrictive. To achieve a level of good audio, you really need a boom mic(s) or to mic up the subjects and you’ll need to edit them (video and sound streams) all together. Otherwise it’s more of what you can achieve with a twitch or twitch like service. There was a guy that started a thread with his setup. I think his focus was the video as he had professional grade camera's even mounted to the ceiling

I recently ordered a TP-Link 2K camera to mount over my table. I had tried a Nest Cam, but the resolution wasn’t as sharp as I wanted (1080p).

2K isn’t a huge leap (about 50% more than 1080p) but 4K cameras are much more expensive, and I think this will be enough of an upgrade.

The TP-Link also allows you to record to a microSD card as an option instead of paying for a monthly cloud subscription. Also it is supposed to have a long battery life so it won’t have to be hardwired/plugged in.

I’ve used TP-Link products before (e.g. to create a point-to-point network between my house and an outbuilding about 350 feet away) with good success. Will report back once the cam arrives.

Here is a screenshot and a zoom from the TP-Link Tapo C425 2K camera.

Pros: Wide-angle view, easy setup

Cons: Resolution is just barely good enough to see cards with the camera about 8 feet above the table.

F0A73174C885_20240222092304495.jpeg

IMG_2495.jpeg

You can make non-facecards out by counting pips but that’s not ideal. I may try lowering the camera slightly. But I may have to bump up to a 4K model.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom