What was your second set you acquired? (1 Viewer)

China clays from Apache then some started to get flea bites. Had to upgrade to BR Pro ceramics and that was not good enough. Finally bought Paulsons. Worth every penny

I got a set of slugged chips for like Christmas or a birthday in high school, and those carried me for like over a decade, until I ended up here. My second set was a semi-custom Dia de Los Muertos set from BR Pro. Really like the chips, just wish I knew then what I know now about denominations and breakdowns - lots of inefficiency and beginner mistakes made on that end. But I’ve grown since!

1st: Plastic red, white, and blues (as a kid)
2nd: A/K Suited Tri-Color (Teen)
3rd: Majestic Cardroom (cash/tournament)
4th: Nevada Jacks (tournament)
5th: ???

My first two sets were used Paulson RHCs. It wasn’t until building my third set, a mixed set, that I stumbled onto mint leaded THCs. Thats when I started to figure out where my tastes were. I’ve bought at least a couple of RHC sets since then and have ended up selling them off pretty quickly. Funny thing is that after years of trying a bunch of different high end stuff, I’ve settled into housemolds, which have never been my favorite. But I love what I’ve got, so that’s cool.

As expected, started with 200 bicycle plastic chips from a grocer.
My second set moved up exponentially with the Binion’s Gallery of Champions $2.50 and World Series of Poker millionaire $5 sets!

Any idea who made those Binion’s WSOP Millionaire chips? I know the other ones have a top hat & cane.

Then went full degen THC crazy.

IMG_8950.jpeg

I don't count grandpa's set or uncle's set of old plastic chips. First set was Olivia's from spinettis, 2nd set is a tie between CDI 98 which I was building and the mardi gras queen chipcos. I think I would call MGQ the 2nd complete set as I was building the CDI but got them off chiptalk.

Attachments

• 20210317_213141.jpg
    20210317_213141.jpg
    225.5 KB · Views: 44
  • 20210317_213122.jpg
    20210317_213122.jpg
    216.4 KB · Views: 45
My second set of chips was a big set of $2 Nile Club chips. We used to run a LHE $8/16 game and that was the best $2 chips I could find. I think I had 2-3000. lol so young, so dumb

1. Dice
2. Pharaoh CC
3. Terrible’s St. Joe Primary

Played with the Terrible’s twice, but haven’t again since they tripled in price

My next set should be custom (maybe Greek or Web mold)

My second set of chips was a big set of $2 Nile Club chips. We used to run a LHE $8/16 game and that was the best $2 chips I could find. I think I had 2-3000. lol so young, so dumb

You only scratched the surface. Young & Dumb is no match for Older & Dumber (New & Improved with Disposable Income)

I'm in the "started with dice chips camp" as well. Followed by a nice purchase from a Canadian supplier straightpokersupplies.com (quite good prices and delivery). Pretty solid colours and design for price. Still heavy and a bit slipper but was happy with them for a bit.

Otherwise poker chips has been a recent hobby for me.

1. Dice chips long ago
2. Monaco millions
3. Majestics CC from PCF

Wow I love those Jack chips! I started off with a mixed set picking up some barrels here and there so you are doing better than me!
If I see another Jack set like your come up for sale then I think that might be my next purchase :LOL: :laugh:

2nd Set overall was Pokerroom branded ceramic chip from Chipco, which (at the time) were a great upgrade from Dice.

The 2nd REAL set that I got was the HSI chips which I think are some of the better looking chips that have come through here in a while.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom