What video games are you playing? (2 Viewers)

Oooo….I’ve been looking for something to come along to scratch the itch I’ve had since Skyrim.
Looks quite promising, especially with contribution by George R.R. Martin

Skyrim, like the Fallout games, fell flat for me. Beautiful worlds, but that "what's over the next hill" gameplay eventually loses its luster

Never felt connected to any characters or the world.

Preferred games like Dragon Age Origins (sequels were garbage) and Witcher Iii

Ooooooooo, Elden Ring looks nice while I wait for Starfield...
On my Switch, the new Pokemon game looks promising...

I'm STILL playing GTA5, and occasionally Red Dead Redemption 2 for a slower pace. So apparently I only like Rockstar Games! :LOL: :laugh:

Holding out for GTA6, where I'll play it for the following 6 years.

I'm STILL playing GTA5, and occasionally Red Dead Redemption 2 for a slower pace. So apparently I only like Rockstar Games! :LOL: :laugh:

Holding out for GTA6, where I'll play it for the following 6 years.
I'm still on GTA5 too. Hop on at least once week. Also trying out Call of Duty Vanguard. Not as bad as Cold War.

Anyone try blockchain gaming?

Dipped my toe into that world recently but it’s slow going. Don’t have enough $$ to buy a character NFT so just providing liquidity and staking for now until I can build up enough in game currency

Anyone try blockchain gaming?

Dipped my toe into that world recently but it’s slow going. Don’t have enough $$ to buy a character NFT so just providing liquidity and staking for now until I can build up enough in game currency
I understand all of these words but they don't sound like they should go together this way. :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

I think these blockchains are pretty cool, actually:
1643151730887.png

Who here is on RDR2?
I’m doing it right now. I’m the type of gamer that likes to take things really slow, especially the premium open-world games. I’m also one of those types that needs to explore every corner and open every chest.
I’ve been doing every side quest I can first before moving on to main quests.
Loving the game so far, and I still have quite a ways to go.

Last edited:
Looking forward to elder ring, it’ll be my first souls like game, and god of war ragnarok.

I’m doing it right now. I’m the type one f gamer that likes to take things really slow, especially the premium open-world games. I’m also one of those types that needs to explore every corner and open every chest.
I’m the same way, love the pace of the game. I’ve been playing online with friends, which is a blast. There seems to be a ton of potential for online but Rockstar doesn’t seem to care since it’s not the money maker that GTA is.

I canceled my Elden Ring PS5 pre-order in favor of PC. Even though I'm still rocking a GTX 970, I prefer playing so much on PC and it handles DS3 and Sekiro just fine at 1080p...I'm sticking with it for now.

How hard do you expect Elden Ring to be?
I'm not a hardcore gamer, and from what I'm reading, it looks to be rough.
I'm not a button-masher type. I also remember Diablo 3 (which was fun) but gave up toward the end because each time I played, I was required to play for hours each session.

I'm not a button-masher type. I also remember Diablo 3 (which was fun) but gave up toward the end because each time I played, I was required to play for hours each session.
It's tough and demanding, but fair. You have to "get gud."

I expect it to be exactly on par with the Dark Souls (and Bloodborne and Demons Souls) games. Which means it is really tough if you aren't familiar, but there comes a point when it "clicks" and you understand how to play. And then you will still get absolutely porked often, but at least you will understand why and figure out how to adjust.

I personally found Sekiro much harder to adjust to compared to other Souls-like games, but I don't think Elden Ring will be like that.

I expect it to be exactly on par with the Dark Souls (and Bloodborne and Demons Souls) games. Which means it is really tough if you aren't familiar, but there comes a point when it "clicks" and you understand how to play. And then you will still get absolutely porked often, but at least you will understand why and figure out how to adjust.

I personally found Sekiro much harder to adjust to compared to other Souls-like games, but I don't think Elden Ring will be like that.
This is from CNET:
"Dark Souls is extremely hard from the get-go, even through its "tutorial" stage, because it doesn't hold your hand and it makes you loop, sometimes maddeningly, through areas you've already completed before. You also can't truly pause."

Do you agree?

This is from CNET:
"Dark Souls is extremely hard from the get-go, even through its "tutorial" stage, because it doesn't hold your hand and it makes you loop, sometimes maddeningly, through areas you've already completed before. You also can't truly pause."

Do you agree?
Yes. For the most part. The souls games are purposely opaque, though they have gotten better in this respect over time. But they are hard. You will die a lot. You will have to go through the same areas and enemies over and over. But every time you do, you learn where the enemies are, how they attack, and what you need to do. It's a game about learning and practice.

Do you agree?

Actually to take it a step further, I would not start with Elden Ring if you are not familiar with the genre. The original Dark Souls would be an ideal intro, unless you have a PS5 in which case I would instead recommend starting with Demons Souls (it is easier/less opaque than Dark Souls and the PS5 remake is amazing). And these are games where you should try to play through blind, but there is also absolutely no shame in looking shit up because so much of it makes no sense without consulting crowd-sourced knowledge.

Actually to take it a step further, I would not start with Elden Ring if you are not familiar with the genre. The original Dark Souls would be an ideal intro, unless you have a PS5 in which case I would instead recommend starting with Demons Souls (it is easier/less opaque than Dark Souls and the PS5 remake is amazing). And these are games where you should try to play through blind, but there is also absolutely no shame in looking shit up because so much of it makes no sense without consulting crowd-sourced knowledge.
I originally put off buying a PS3 to wait for Final Fantasy 13, but then when I saw Demon's Souls I bought a PS3 almost immediately. I've been on the souls train since the original. Though with kids and stuff now, I couldn't invest in Sekiro. And the change in mechanisms and focus on party didn't grab me as much. And I can't get a PS5, so the DS remake ain't happening anytime soon either.

The opaque nature and tough but fair difficulty is what grabbed me. It reminded me in a weird way of an old NES game called Legacy of the Wizard. Which was impossible, had a big (at the time) world, and was coloring opaque in what to do or how anything worked.

I’m doing it right now. I’m the type one f gamer that likes to take things really slow, especially the premium open-world games. I’m also one of those types that needs to explore every corner and open every chest.
I actually googled "type 1F gamer" because I am exactly the same way, and I thought there was a name for it that I'd never heard.

It took about 60 seconds before it clicked, and I realized you'd just made a typo. :oops:

I’m doing it right now. I’m the type of gamer that likes to take things really slow, especially the premium open-world games. I’m also one of those types that needs to explore every corner and open every chest.
I'm the same way, search everything. Finally into Chapter 6. Such a great game, but I want to finish it to get on to my next game. Can't leave it unfinished.

In RDR2 early on, I had a great horse and bonded fully. A guy I met on the road needed help and tricked me, stole the horse.
Last night, I’m riding past and see him again asking for help. He got one between the eyes.
:ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

In RDR2 early on, I had a great horse and bonded fully. A guy I met on the road needed help and tricked me, stole the horse.
Last night, I’m riding past and see him again asking for help. He got one between the eyes.
:ROFL: :ROFLMAO:
I forget which stranger encounter it was, but one of them you eat dinner with a couple, they drug you and steal everything. I woke up in the field, looked at the map, marked it and went in guns blazing. very satisfying.

damn, sorry about that. Fixed.
No worries at all, I was just laughing at myself for not catching the obvious typo sooner.

Sometime I'd like to finish RDR2. I utterly loved the first one, and I bought RDR2 when it launched and played through late Chapter 2. I was really enjoying it, but just drifted away to other things as I often do and never went back.

I enjoyed my time with Sekiro, but it is an absolute sonofabitch to adjust to from the Souls games.

Sekiro is one the From Soft game that never clicked for me. I still go back to try it occasionally, but I fall flat on my face whenever I do so.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom