What to do with old ASM (CPC) solids? (1 Viewer)

MacGrad

3 of a Kind
Reaction score
Looking for ideas from those in the know...

I've got 500 solid chips (circle-square mold) in great condition that I had once upon a time used as a tournament set before I bought my customs... I used paper labels on them that have held up extremely well, but I'm just not feeling the theme as I once did.

Now, I'm trying to figure out what to do with them -- sell, relabel, hotstamp, etc. I don't have a cash set right now, but I don't think the breakdown works as is.

Breakdown is as follows:

White: 127
Red: 157
Green: 100
Yellow: 83
Brown: 33

What say you, PCF?

It doesn't take long for things to get buried.

Here's some condition pics -- I took a bunch of random white chips, and they're pretty representative of the batch. I also took a closeup of the label so everyone can see what I'm working with...

Still trying to decide if this is salvageable as a cash set (and if I want to), or if I should just start anew.

Reactions: JWC
Those stickers aren't in a recess, are they? Sticking above the surface of the entire chip?

That's right -- they're all above the surface. That's why I'd consider a relabel -- arguably, it would just require the removal of the old sticker and placing a new one on.

Having said that, it involves removing a label that's been on for approx. 15 years -- since none of them have lifted in the slightest, I have no idea how easy that task would be.

I’m still interested in the whites or yellows.

If I decide to sell them, I'll let you know. I want to be sure what I'm doing before I get rid of them, because I'd hate to sell then pay to replace them.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom