What do people look for in a custom playing card? (2 Viewers)

I was looking at Kings cards and belive that "Classic" have very nice pattern, they go in brown and green so maybe different color and the deck is set. Or include PCF logo and we good to go. Just saying
Screen_Shot_2019-07-08_at_9.11.17_am_720x.png
Screen_Shot_2019-07-08_at_9.12.05_am_720x.png

In terms of backs, I would really like to see a set with a border-less back like what you see in the slowplays or maybe the traditional Bees.

If we're talking about the front (and this is where the cards usually begin to show wear), cream borders are great like you see in Modianos, but I would wish they did not have those thin black outlines, as those tend to fade hours before any part of the face begins to wear.

i do not like borders on face cards but i can go with full bleed

So my Chinese go-to for ceramics also does cards.
I’ve always been wary of chinese plastic playing cards so I decided to get some custom samples.

I have 6 decks coming in the mail so I’ll have some hands on tests soon.

In the meantime, I have some pics of samples.
Things I looked for:
Thickness of PVC stock and grain on the cards.

Ticked both boxes with .32mm pvc which is the same as most playing cards I have from all manufacturers.
The ‘grain’ texture also seems evident in the photos.

MOQ for this supplier is 2000 decks. 1000/1000 is possible for 2 colours.
My costs is around $3au landed.
This also includes full artwork on the tuckbox

AC772733-4F80-4ACE-9827-FEC5A29EE6DB.jpeg
2B0C3479-77F1-450A-B9D7-2F6FA7087B42.jpeg
26CA9B6B-A777-42D8-8E59-E36078A70AD2.jpeg

So my Chinese go-to for ceramics also does cards.
I’ve always been wary of chinese plastic playing cards so I decided to get some custom samples.

I have 6 decks coming in the mail so I’ll have some hands on tests soon.

In the meantime, I have some pics of samples.
Things I looked for:
Thickness of PVC stock and grain on the cards.

Ticked both boxes with .32mm pvc which is the same as most playing cards I have from all manufacturers.
The ‘grain’ texture also seems evident in the photos.

MOQ for this supplier is 2000 decks. 1000/1000 is possible for 2 colours.
My costs is around $3au landed.
This also includes full artwork on the tuckbox

View attachment 481873View attachment 481872View attachment 481871
Are you thinking of using this stock instead of the King stock? I'd still likely buy a couple of set ups, but I'd be disappointed if you went away from the King stock, even if the price per deck is a bit higher with the King stock.

Just my opinion, but regardless of whatever stock you use, you'll be better off going with whoever offers the lowest MOQ. 2000 decks is a hell of a lot. I'd be skeptical that you'd even unload 20% of that here. I think with a 1000 MOQ, you may meet 25% of your sales from here alone. I'd gravitate towards buying more set ups if you went with the King stock personally, but YMMV with other unknown Chinese cards.

Last edited:
I like a design of faces but you need to do some testing. I would like a deck for testing

No Chinese made cards for me without trying them first. The first deck of Chinese made plastic cards I owned was likely my last. Worst cards I’ve ever handled.

The quality of the Sunfly card stock were solid. The designs weren’t my cup of tea though.

Initially, I thought MOQ was 144 which would have been awesome but that’s for their stock designs.

For custom designs, it is 1,000 decks (I believe it can be split 50-50 for two colors)

I am weighing up options for a custom run.

This won’t replace the kings custom run.. unless these cards are up to quality.

I have 6 decks coming for samples.

I am happy to send one deck to the USA for testing and feedback, and then if that person wants to pass them around between forum members.

I am happy to send one deck to the USA for testing and feedback, and then if that person wants to pass them around between forum members.
How about Europe?

Oh ok gotcha. So this will be for a third buy outside of the current King buy and King custom buy? Good stuff!

Perhaps I can work something out.

I might put together some sample sets featuring these cards with some other manufacturers cards for reference.
That could have work. I just need to have better idea what I am looking at. Hate to buy blind.

Got my samples today.
I must say, I am very impressed.
As someone who is fussy with quality, these match up.
The last test is to get them into game play and see how they hold up.

I attached a photo to show they they compare in print to the kings.
Brighter whites and a more vivid colours. So I believe anyway.
They have a nice texture and are quite easy to shuffle.

8C3B1AA4-86A4-42EE-BF14-CADFFA69F1A5.jpeg

Attachments

• 54C409B3-49F4-4B9D-AE17-B4EC3ABBB18A.jpeg
    54C409B3-49F4-4B9D-AE17-B4EC3ABBB18A.jpeg
    251.2 KB · Views: 100
Got my samples today.

View attachment 486252
Hi, so I kind lost track of which is which? One on the right are Kings, one on the left your Chinese chips supplyer?

Hi, so I kind lost track of which is which? One on the right are Kings, one on the left your Chinese chips supplyer?
Yes correct.

The fancy looking ace of spades is with the kings.

Yes correct.

The fancy looking ace of spades is with the kings.
I kinda like simplistic look of the new arrivals and snow white back. Can I ask for few more pics of face cards? Is it possible to get sample deck?

I kinda like simplistic look of the new arrivals and snow white back. Can I ask for few more pics of face cards? Is it possible to get sample deck?

I’m thinking of breaking one deck into 4.
Each suit will be a sample.

Just need to see postage costs for international. Postage is crazy at the moment.

Got my samples today.

View attachment 486252
Are the cards very pliable, or on the stiffer side?

Light blue/orange backs would probably work better, because yellow can be too bright. Or purple/orange, or purple/green, those are all solid combos. Maybe even pink/light blue. Just throwing ideas out there.

I like it. Any idea about pricing?

If I get the MOQ of 2000. (1000 of each colour), you’re looking at somewhere between $3-$4US per deck.
Just need to work out the shipping costs.

Ideally, I’d have one Distributor in USA and Europe. Depending if enough people jumped onboard.

If I can get them shipped from the factory to different locations, might bring the costs down.

That price was having the 2000 decks shipped to me, then redistributed.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom