What do people look for in a custom playing card? (1 Viewer)

different colour backs.
more options

Untitled-3.jpg

Yellow and light blue?
There were yellow decks in a tournament I played at Mohegan Sun. I found it annoying and kind of distracting. It was just weird under the lights - somewhere between glowing and no color at all. I'm sure that makes no sense.
I suppose the shade matters. But I can't imagine yellow ever being better than tolerable.
Something more goldish, maybe?

There were yellow decks in a tournament I played at Mohegan Sun. I found it annoying and kind of distracting. It was just weird under the lights - somewhere between glowing and no color at all. I'm sure that makes no sense.
I suppose the shade matters. But I can't imagine yellow ever being better than tolerable.
Something more goldish, maybe?
Orange and light blue or purple would work better.

I’ll mock up some different colours tonight.

Dal negro have a wide choice of colours. I really like their NTP sets with the yellow backs.

Red and blue seems like a safe choice.

Green and burgundy?

Yellow and light blue?
Emerald green and burgundy would be a great second to the red and blue. Purple and grey, black and gold, all classic combos. Deep saturated colors look the classiest.

Where are we on the front design? Seems like there is a decent amount of interest in having the yellow/cream centers.

I prefer the darker black myself.
Now that I see them on my 27" computer monitor, I prefer the jet black as well. But charcoal is good too.

I love the bright green/purple combo like Copag has as well. Red/Blue is fine, just so common.

Why would you remake common color combos on a worse card? Give people a reason to buy them, don’t just use common, dark, boring colors.
Color combos got common because people wanted them. Yeah, I agree uncommon colors can appeal to some people because they are unique, but in a case such as this where you have to get as many people as possible to agree to put their money down, it's safer to not get crazy with colors.

Why would you remake common color combos on a worse card? Give people a reason to buy them, don’t just use common, dark, boring colors.
Color combos got common because people wanted them. Yeah, I agree uncommon colors can appeal to some people because they are unique, but in a case such as this where you have to get as many people as possible to agree to put their money down, it's safer to not get crazy with colors.
^^^^ This. If the market is just poker chip geeks he isn’t going to sell many. Plus those colors are common for a reason...thats what most people like. Same reason you don’t see many pink, lime green, etc cars on the road. Not enough people interested to make it work doing. I personally own a shit ton of cards but dislike odd colors still.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom