What are you paying for tv/internet? (1 Viewer)

Tommy

Royal Flush
Admin
Supporter
Reaction score
I've seen our bill go up after the 2 year promo deal was over and its still going up a tiny bit every 2-3 months.

We have TV (no premiums), 2 box rentals (Multi-Room DVR), 75/75 Internet (no modem rental), and phone for $162 per month (all taxes and fees included) It might be time to switch, it just hassle though.

We have Fios internet with home phone and 75/75 internet for $79 and directv with a DVR and 2 boxes for $120. If it weren’t for local sports channels, I’d probably cut the cord

$105 here in Hawaii for Spectrum Internet & Cable/DVR

I think my bill is about $126 a month for Comcast cable/Internet/no-phone. And that includes an upgraded upload-speed package due to my digital photo delivery needs.

We cut the cord several years ago. Pay $55/month for hi speed cable internet (we own our modem too). Had a digital antenna installed so all network TV comes in beautiful HD (for free) that the cable company wants to charge $15/month for lol!

Between Netflix, Amazon Prime, Hulu, and YouTube we have every show we could want to watch.

So with those added services we are $75/month. Though we would have Amazon Prime even without the video option. The 2 day shipping is worth it alone.

We had Spectrum and once the promo rate for a year ended we switched to Frontier

Pay $45/month for 150 speed internet. No phone or cable, we know the sites to watch whatever tv shows or movies we want

As a bonus, Frontier gave us Amazon Prime for a year as well

Once our promo rate goes up we will either switch providers again or setup a new account under the other spouses name and keep it rolling

Saves us hundreds per year and we don't watch sports so don't need those packages

Plus all the fees for each box and "dvr service" are just outrageous

We had Spectrum and once the promo rate for a year ended we switched to Frontier

Pay $45/month for 150 speed internet. No phone or cable, we know the sites to watch whatever tv shows or movies we want

As a bonus, Frontier gave us Amazon Prime for a year as well

Once our promo rate goes up we will either switch providers again or setup a new account under the other spouses name and keep it rolling

Saves us hundreds per year and we don't watch sports so don't need those packages

Plus all the fees for each box and "dvr service" are just outrageous
to bad hawaii has only 1 provider i smell a monopoly or else id be doing the same

High-speed internet - $60 (Mid Continent)

For TV I do:
Sling Orange & Blue - $40
Netflix - $10
On-Roof Antennae for HD local channels - FREE

I personally much prefer having premium Sling with Netflix that cable.

Comcast blast internet 250Mbps: I just renewed for the same price that I had last year ($49.99 per month). Comcast wanted to raise it to $89 but friend instructed me to call them up during business hours and negotiate.

Amazon Prime: $49 per year using my .edu email account

TV: One time $25 investment on GE 33692 Attic Mount HD Antenna.

I guess I'm cheap :( Don't ask how much I spend on poker chips this month:eek:

Fios Ultimate + 75/75 internet = $250/month
Amazon Prime Student = $49/year
Netflix = $12/month
WWE Network = $10/month, 6 months

I live with in-laws and split the utility bills 3 ways, as my family lives in a spacious upstairs in a mother-daughter style home and my father in law has the downstairs apartment and sublets a large room to my brother in law and gf. FIL insisted on having all cable channels. Everyone else streams and torrents. So Fios was a necessity. Well worth the cost. I have never had a real service interruption or problem in my online gaming. My account consistently has 15 or 16 active devices using bandwidth and we never see lag or slowdown. That’s 6 years running in 2 homes now.

Got a Fire TV box on sale for $40 and installed Kodi and Terrarium. I save tons of spending that way. Offsets the Fios expense.

I only pay for WWE to watch the Big 4 events and 2 months of summer vault viewing.

Amazon gets subscribed to anyway, so TV is a bonus. My student status runs for another few years since I’ll have alumnus access to my university email.

Netflix is mostly for the kids. My daughter has her own profile for her iPad.

About $116 for Comcast internet and basic cable. Upgraded during a promo for the faster internet, the cable box has sat in my closet since getting it. I have zero desire to hook it up.

Pay the current going rate for Netflix streaming($12.99?) and $14.99 for HBO now.

Also paid the yearly rate for PokerGo. Tried it with a $20 off coupon code and it auto renewed after I forgot to cancel.

$80 for Spectrum internet (300/25) with no modem rental fee. Was paying just under $200 for direct TV (3 boxes) but I just cut the cord and went with Sling Orange and Blue for $40. Spectrum is my only real option for Internet until either Google or AT&T run fiber to my neighborhood - had AT&T for DSL but it SUCKED.

I've seen our bill go up after the 2 year promo deal was over and its still going up a tiny bit every 2-3 months.

We have TV (no premiums), 2 box rentals (Multi-Room DVR), 75/75 Internet (no modem rental), and phone for $162 per month (all taxes and fees included) It might be time to switch, it just hassle though.
That is almost exactly my service (it does include modem). About $150 per month

We cut the cord about a year ago. We went from over $350/month for phone, internet, cable and security with monitoring down to $155. We could probably still get away with cutting out Hulu, and it looks like this year's Comcast deals for internet are cheaper than last year, so I'm hoping we can cut down on that and go to internet only and HBO Now vs. HBO Go and come out ahead again.

$90 Comcast internet 100MBs + basic cable (never hooked up free box) with free HBO
$35 DirectTv Now
$12 Netflix
$12 Hulu
$6 Ooma VOIP + security no monitoring.
$0 Amazon Prime MIL's account

Just a hair over $200 mo for Cox cable with no premium channels and 100 mbps internet.

Comcast cable/internet~$250/month.

All premium channels and boxes for 9 TVs (2 in man cave, 1 in garage, 1 in office, 1 in living room, 1 in pool table room, 1 in exercise room, 1 in guest room, 1 in master bedroom.) Believe it or not, usually each TV is on at least once in a week...

Just dumped DirectTV at $100 / month for YouTubeTV at $40/month

YouTubeTV has all my local channels.
YouTube Red is a bonus – no commercials on YouTube.

Play all my music off of YouTube playlists

$60 charter internet
$40 YoutubeTV
$12 Netflix
$8 Amazon Prime

Total - $120 / month

I require 2 static IP addresses for work so I have a business line at home @100MBPS for about $100 a month

Youtube TV $35 a month, I get way more stations then what my cable company offered for about the same price. I dont think I could go back to the cable company after using a web TV provider. Spectrum just has far too many fees. A $20 a month basic package ends up around $35 and I get almost no channels.

I have Netflix and Amazon Prime too.

$54.99 for Mediacom 100Mbps broadband Internet
$135.26 for DishTV
= $87.99 America's Top 250 + $12 Local Channels + $7 DVR + $15 HBO + $13.27 taxes/fees

008439a.jpg

Works great and super easy to install. Dont ever bother with a Fire stick, they’re very low powered. Tons of easy install videos on YouTube. Best $40 I’ve spent in a long time.
I've used both Fire TV and Roku, and I MUCH prefer Roku. As you would expect with anything Amazon, you're constantly being advertised to and nudged towards Amazon content. With Roku you're getting a much more "authentic" (weird word) experience. For example if you search for a movie or show, you won't be pushed to Prime options, you'll see results unfiltered by Amazon. That's not to say Roku doesn't have ad banners or anything but it's a much better experience imo.

I've used both Fire TV and Roku, and I MUCH prefer Roku. As you would expect with anything Amazon, you're constantly being advertised to and nudged towards Amazon content. With Roku you're getting a much more "authentic" (weird word) experience. For example if you search for a movie or show, you won't be pushed to Prime options, you'll see results unfiltered by Amazon. That's not to say Roku doesn't have ad banners or anything but it's a much better experience imo.

Likely true, but I believe the original question was speaking to using the Fire devices to install torrent repository software.

Got a Fire TV box on sale for $40 and installed Kodi and Terrarium. I save tons of spending that way. Offsets the Fios expense.

How well does this work and how hard is it to install?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom