Clogged Pipes And Bacterial Infections Oh My! (1 Viewer)

What a pain in the ass. So what, I have to wake up in the middle of the night to take a dose? (For the record, my tooth was hurting so bad, that’s exactly what i did. Not taking any chances.)

One pill every 6 hours lol. But it's better than letting my leg revert and worsen

I'm allergic to sulfa and penicillin so there were some options they couldn't give me

Previously I was on Doxycycline Hyclate 2x/day
Doxycycline wouldn't be my first choice in a vacuum, but acceptable if you have a sulfa allergy that would prevent giving you Bactrim and Keflex is a no go because of potential cross sensitivity to the PCN allergy. You're being managed well, I just hope it clears up soon!

Doxycycline wouldn't be my first choice in a vacuum, but acceptable if you have a sulfa allergy that would prevent giving you Bactrim and Keflex is a no go because of potential cross sensitivity to the PCN allergy. You're being managed well, I just hope it clears up soon!

Its definetly reduced significantly

Less redness, less tender, no more stabbing pain when I wake up and put weight on it

The extent of the redness has shrunk to the lowest half of my calf, no swelling, slight hotness in the red area

Thankfully I don't see a whole lot of anti-science anti-Big Pharma, anti-antibiotics rants going on here. Just a calm discussion of the merits of different proven treatments (along with some good natured kidding).

And glad to hear that Anthony is getting better!

Finally received my ER Bill this week:

Emergency Center: $1,504.91
Outpatient Services: $2,693.91
TOTAL: $4,198.82

Being the asshole that I am, I showed this to Jenn while making sure another piece of paper covered up that they had listed NEGOTIATED DISCOUNTS at -$3,610.99

So she sees it and shouts out HOLY SHIT! and then I pull the paper over so she can see they only got me for $587.83 which is far less than we were expecting.

Being the asshole that I am, I showed this to Jenn while making sure another piece of paper covered up that they had listed NEGOTIATED DISCOUNTS at -$3,610.99

So she sees it and shouts out HOLY SHIT! and then I pull the paper over so she can see they only got me for $587.83 which is far less than we were expecting.
Slow roll. Nice.

USA! USA! USA!

j/k - glad you’re on the mend and didn’t lose your house over a medical issue

In the future, you may be able to do clindamycin 450mg every 8 hours rather than 300mg every 6 hours if your provider is OK with that (this is not medical advice just something you can ask about!). Medications every 6 hours are difficult for sure.

Let your doc know if you start having profuse watery diarrhea btw

Lol, I just got a 2nd fucking bill for my ER visit. The first one was from Advent Health. That was the one over 4 grand that they knocked down to a bit under $600.

This one is from US Acute Care, for almost another fucking grand. When I visited their website they state when you go to the hospital you may receive TWO bills. One is from the facility, and one is for the services of the doctors in their group who are not paid by the hospital.

What an absolute fucking racket

I’m so scared for the day when our few antibiotics stop working. I wish there was a better incentive to create new ones

Lol, I just got a 2nd fucking bill for my ER visit. The first one was from Advent Health. That was the one over 4 grand that they knocked down to a bit under $600.

This one is from US Acute Care, for almost another fucking grand. When I visited their website they state when you go to the hospital you may receive TWO bills. One is from the facility, and one is for the services of the doctors in their group who are not paid by the hospital.

What an absolute fucking racket
Call them and ask if there’s an additional discount for paying in full.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom