What are you listening to? (18 Viewers)

I'd take Biggie back over Pac ANY DAY. No argument.

Also, Ready to Die >>>>> Life After Death.

I've always liked Slaid Cleaves, but for whatever reason he's been on ultra-frequent rotation in my playlist the last month or so.

One of the great songwriters working imo and another chapter in the depressingly persuasive argument that there is no justice whatsoever in fame and success when it comes to art. That country music hasn't snatched him up and made him today's Merle Haggard is a completely travesty.

Fuck that's some good music...never heard of him before, thanks for posting!!

Been checking out The Claypool Lennon Delirium...

Just in case, this video has a seizure warning in the description...

Good cover of Astronomy Domine...

Full show in Boston...

I've always liked Slaid Cleaves.... That country music hasn't snatched him up and made him today's Merle Haggard is a completely travesty....

That spot's taken. Today's Merle Haggard is almost certainly James McMurtry. Definitely is, for me.

(Oddball experience of the day: You can start two or three of your Cleaves links playing at a time. With headphones on, I suspect one could drive one's self stark raving made trying to track one of them through the cacophony....)

That spot's taken. Today's Merle Haggard is almost certainly James McMurtry. Definitely is, for me.

(Oddball experience of the day: You can start two or three of your Cleaves links playing at a time. With headphones on, I suspect one could drive one's self stark raving made trying to track one of them through the cacophony....)

He and McMurtry definitely travel in the same circles. I would love to see them on a double bill. Or maybe a triple bill with Ray Wylie Hubbard.

Damn why don't they just do a Highwaymen Vol. 2 with those guys.

Just watched Montage of Heck. Have a soft spot for Nirvana since I grew up on that s**t. Can't get these renditions out of my head. :cool:

edit: also a bit inebriated

Last edited:
Currently a chill fingerstyle guitar mix with Andy McKee, Preston Reed, Antoine Dufour, Kaki King:
I have a couple Andy McKee albums and an Antoine Dufour album that I listen to now and then. Andy looks to be about half the size he was when I first heard of him. These are the first two videos I ever saw of his...

I got a hankering to listen to an Aim remix of a Rae & Christian track recently, looked it up on YouTube and got a great slew of Aim, Souls of Mischief, Pharcyde and Tribe Called Quest tracks served up.

Here's a selection...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom