What are you listening to? (11 Viewers)

I could never get into Ween for some reason. I have a buddy that loves them and has tried to convert me over the years to no avail.

It was love at first listen for me. I saw them a dozen or so times over the years and while their live show is a totally different experience, I think they are equally talented as both a live band and a studio project.

@Big Jilm knows what I'm talking about :)

Seems like so many people still don't get Springsteen. An amazing live version of Badlands (followed by Thunder Road) recorded in November 1980. As punk as the hundreds of anti-Reagan songs hardcore bands would release over the next eight years.

A couple of tours ago he was covering Clampdown by the Clash. Would be a good time to dust that one off.

It was love at first listen for me. I saw them a dozen or so times over the years and while their live show is a totally different experience, I think they are equally talented as both a live band and a studio project.

@Big Jilm knows what I'm talking about :)

froggy in the meadow, baby.

Haven't listened to MMW in a very long time...thanks for posting them up!!!

Seconded! Many years running and they still kill live. One of the best sets I've ever seen was a full 40 minute version of Third Stone from the Sun that just fucking destroyed. It evolved so far out of Third Stone that it was more or less free noise for a long time and then they threw themselves back into the Third Stone riff and the place lost it. Theater was full of goddamn hippies, but small price to pay to watch those guys.

This is only a 10 minute version, but it does capture the spirit of what they did with the song back when they did it on occasion. I looked on their setlist database but couldn't find the show I was at. It was somewhere on the east coast in the late 90s, but unfortunately my memory of that era isn't as clear as I'd like.

But this morning I've been blaring the Misfits. I think Horror Business is Rollins' favorite Misfits song and I can't argue too much against that.

Well this music probably won't be overly popular here, but I've been listening to a lot of L.A. Guns this past week since they are coming to Hermans in Denver this weekend. Excited to see the show Saturday night.

Hmmm -- a folk singer named Sean Rowe, from Troy, NY, who did the final song ("Trying to Leave Something Behind"), in the movie The Accountant.

Kinda like Richie Havens, but with a smoother voice...

Hmmm -- a folk singer named Sean Rowe, from Troy, NY, who did the final song ("Trying to Leave Something Behind"), in the movie The Accountant.

Kinda like Richie Havens, but with a smoother voice...

I had to look that one up after I saw the movie. I love the song even if I wasn't a fan of the way it was used in the film.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom