What are you listening to? (18 Viewers)

Gatton....

Danny was a magician, probably the best I've ever seen. He and John Previti (on bass) played together all over around DC for decades, both paid gigs and open-mikes.

It's a shame that so many listeners base their evaluations entirely on playing speed, and so little on interpretation. Everyone always wanted to see and hear the speed, so Gatton seldom got to show everything he had.

His suicide really shocked the DC music scene...

Wow...Didn't think anyone on here knew about JCS. Not a huge fan, but they were one of the first bands I saw live. AL Gator's in Pasadena, MD sometime in the mid 90's. Jimmie Davies sister dated a good friend of mine back in the day. Good memories.

Wow...Didn't think anyone on here knew about JCS. Not a huge fan, but they were one of the first bands I saw live. AL Gator's in Pasadena, MD sometime in the mid 90's. Jimmie Davies sister dated a good friend of mine back in the day. Good memories.
Been enjoying Pushing the Salmonella Envelope and Bring Your Own Stereo the last couple days. I have seen them a couple times and they were good both times.

Good spot duffman, my favourite frontman eva

Brian Johnson was ok, but Bon Scott was AC/DC, plus he grew up around my neck of the woods

70's good days
RIP Legend

Last edited:
myself jamming funk on dis beeyatch:

prso1_1-prs-custom-24-30th-anniversary-electric-guitar-vintage-sunburst-.jpg

Last edited:
myself jamming funk on dis beeyatch:

prso1_1-prs-custom-24-30th-anniversary-electric-guitar-vintage-sunburst-.jpg

Nice PRS! Which model? I live in the same town these are made. I was fortunate enough to meet Paul at his home on a recent job. Great guy. He even let me into his personal studio and jammed for me. I thought I had died and gone to heaven! :D

I've been listening to some covers by Rush tribute band YYNOT. The girl can sing and the players are pretty good. The drum recording isn't so great but it is worth a listen if you were/are a fan of early Rush.

header.png

FINALLY SEEING WEEN. Damn, I can't believe I never had the chance despite the fact they are one of my favorite bands ever......FUCK YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yeah, really excited. If you haven't listened to these guys, check out the diversity of silliness vs hard rocking vs great song writing with all of these different styles of music. LOVE THEM!

I've always liked Slaid Cleaves, but for whatever reason he's been on ultra-frequent rotation in my playlist the last month or so.

One of the great songwriters working imo and another chapter in the depressingly persuasive argument that there is no justice whatsoever in fame and success when it comes to art. That country music hasn't snatched him up and made him today's Merle Haggard is a completely travesty.

Been trawling an old thread at the other place, wassit called?

A few items lost from a hard drive calamity, so I'll repost some bits'n'bobs from there that I still like and will be recovering over coming weeks...

Right, so the Pharcyde/Nash mash-up done by Rae & Christian on a mix comp album was not the right version :(

So here's an Aim remix of a Rae & Christian tune instead:

...and Lemon Jelly's The Staunton Lick, used to great effect on the season 2 finale of Spaced:

I wish Lemon Jelly would come back. Miss their stuff. :(

On the flipside, there are a load of groovy downloads available via Fred Deakin's website

Last edited:
...while in other news, I've been quite enjoying the Avers album.

Here's the opener Vampire:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom