Want Opinion on custom chip design and breakdown (1 Viewer)

jicircle

Waiting List
Reaction score
I've been playing with dice chips for almost 5 years now and I'm finally ready (both mentally and financially) to graduate to something better. Wanted my first set to have some meaning so I ended up designing my own chipset. Wanted some feedback on the design & the chip breakdown before I send them off to production.

Here is the design:
chipset.png

I mostly play micro stakes cash games (5c/10c, 10c/25c) so my denoms are: 5c, 25c, $1, $5, $25. $20 buy in, and a handful of rebuys throughout the night.
I am planning to order:
150x 5c,
200x 25c,
200x $1,​
25x $5,​
25x $25​

Also I am planning to order through this alibaba seller if anyone has experience with them or this diamond chip mold:
c278d458c2445107e2dfd128463a1fdb.jpg

Not a fan of the 25, colors are okay but I don’t like that insert pattern next to the 5 and the 5 is nice, set as a whole is good

Too many .05 only need 100, and I’d at least do 200 of the 5s.

Also I am planning to order through this alibaba seller if anyone has experience with them or this diamond chip mold

Just go with either Tina or Anita pls. They will do Samples before producing and can align the Edgespots pretty good.

Diamond Mold and Cards Mold are pretty slippery. Before you order - get some samples of Cards/Diamond Mold and some of the Hybrids from Tina (WEB, Greek, RHC, etc).

Ask @justincarothers before ordering from Ningbo.

Just go with either Tina or Anita pls. They will do Samples before producing and can align the Edgespots pretty good.

Diamond Mold and Cards Mold are pretty slippery. Before you order - get some samples of Cards/Diamond Mold and some of the Hybrids from Tina (WEB, Greek, RHC, etc).

Ask @justincarothers before ordering from Ningbo.

Will do, I found the thread for samples of Tina chips, I'm going to order some now.

Also reporting back with pictures of samples that the Alibaba seller created for me:

5d0def8b47f265329f9153d3187e0139.jpg

9ed2e5b7a5a9c5dfaff3dbdb31dcb0a3 (1).jpg

Looking at these, I am agree with @Machine that the 25c chips look a bit meh, going back to the lab to make some changes to the 25c and also make the $25 => $20 while I wait for some samples.

I would 100% go through Broken Arrow for more vivid colors and better printing on the inlay. I would also recommend the web mold over this mold for a wide range of reasons. Less slippery, inlay isn't printed directly on the chip so its more crisp and vivid, colors are brighter, feel of chip is excellent. Plus I don't trust random distributers on Alibaba but the Justin/Tina connection is true blue. That printing on the 25 should scare you a bit. Good luck!

https://www.pokerchipforum.com/thre...ld-greek-mold-web-mold-showcase.110561/unread

Are all the $25 inlays badly messed up like that?
Looks like some of the vector parts from the art didnt make it into the print.
I would 100% go through Broken Arrow for more vivid colors and better printing on the inlay. I would also recommend the web mold over this mold for a wide range of reasons. Less slippery, inlay isn't printed directly on the chip so its more crisp and vivid, colors are brighter, feel of chip is excellent. Plus I don't trust random distributers on Alibaba but the Justin/Tina connection is true blue. That printing on the 25 should scare you a bit. Good luck!

https://www.pokerchipforum.com/thre...ld-greek-mold-web-mold-showcase.110561/unread
This.
I HIGHLY recommend going through Tina, and letting Justin handle the transaction through his group buys. You'll not have to do all the back and forth , and you'll get group rates.
I also recommend checking out the hybrid (greek and the new web mold). They are miles ahead of the cards mold and diamond mold chips...more expensive but TOTALLY worth every penny in my opinion. They're closer to clay chips in any ceramic that I have seen.

You're getting tons of great advice. #1 recommendation - you've waited this long playing with dice chips. Wait just a little bit longer and be sure you are getting what you really want.

Tina Hybrids (Web mold/ Greek mold) are FAR superior to cards mold/diamond mold as others stated. If you plan to own these for a long time, spend a few pennies more for the hybrids. Better feeling chips and much more resolution on the center artwork. Plus no other china manufacturer's chips that I've seen can match the vibrancy of colors that Tina produces.

Do you want your chips to look a little more like clay chips, or do you prefer the ceramic look? If you like clay, then design some variation into your spots. In other words, use not so straight lines on the face and put some zig (smashed spots) on the edges. As an example, here's what I did with a cards mold set I designed several years ago.

v5-Texas Flood Poker Club PRINT_Lineup.jpg

Not sure how old you are, or how long you have been playing, but I was playing small tournaments and nickel/dime cash games when I first joined PCF. I bought a set that "only" had 100 $5s, and didn't think I would ever need more than a couple of barrels. Well, FF to 3 years later, and now I play home games up to $1/$2 so obviously I need more $5s. If you think there is any chance that your games might grow, order 200 $5s. The chips are so reasonably priced - it's a no brainer.

I'm also on Team $20 chip instead of $25 chips for small stakes games. Especially if it's going to be black, and not green. Just think of when you are going to use that chip. After you run out of $5s, are your players rebuying with $20 bills, or $50 and $100 bills?

Good luck, take your time, and get samples!!!

I'm going to suggest the opposite get cards mold first. Then go hybrid.

After all your first apartment or car shouldn't be the best in that category, plus it will give you time to learn what you would really want.

Is not like you're only going to buy one set.

You're one of us now.

Joining Welcome Home GIF

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom