Waiting On Making a First Major Purchase (1 Viewer)

merkong

Flush
Reaction score
While I’m waiting on making that first major purchase of “real” chips (a barrel or two, or a rack of something we can get into our cash game) I thought I’d pick up a piece of “starter furniture” to keep my future collection in.

Meet the Poker Chest. Top half of a china hutch I scored on Craigslist for $20. I would have grabbed any one of the 2 or 3 freebies but this one had the exact look I was after.

As a bonus, the guy I flipped a $20 to for it plays and will be joining us next week. He said he’s been looking for a regular game. Look no further sir!

Ken - Just a home game host in MN
7AB9A05B-985B-4FCE-92E5-A04CB478DA4D.jpeg
4B436D49-F557-49BF-8F75-DFADC084B032.jpeg

I dig the look - nice wood grain in front of the brick wall, a great setting. great setup for more chippies.

I told my wife this $20 cabinet going to wind up costing $1,000’s.
I don't think that budget is going to be enough to fill up the rest of the cabinet thou :unsure: judging based on PCF standard

Nice pickup, I been looing for a suitable cabinet to host my collection too but no luck till date

Last edited:
That cabinet is a freaking beauty!! The amazing part of this hobby is that there is no "set of rules of what to collect!" I absolutely love the idea of a huge cabinet and you can start filling it woth hopes and dreams on your chipping journey! So cool!

It may seem impossible now to ever fill such a cabinet with chips, but if you catch "the chipping bug" bad enough, I can personally promise you there will come a time where sets have to be sold to make room for others... may sound crazy but it is absolutely possible. @FordPickup92 and I joined 3 1/2 years ago with 3 sets of slugged plastic chips (still have all 3 because I am a hoarder) but this is most of the collection today
20221025_154810.jpg

Maybe 12 - 14k in other sets and singles up stairs but this is the majority of them, and many of the larger cases have 2,100 chips in each case. So as far as money... well I would rather NOT go there, but filling such an awesome cabin absolutely possible in this hobby!

Welcome @merkong ... I like where you are going with this thread! Lol

Fellow Chipper Ben

That cabinet is a freaking beauty!! The amazing part of this hobby is that there is no "set of rules of what to collect!" I absolutely love the idea of a huge cabinet and you can start filling it woth hopes and dreams on your chipping journey! So cool!

It may seem impossible now to ever fill such a cabinet with chips, but if you catch "the chipping bug" bad enough, I can personally promise you there will come a time where sets have to be sold to make room for others... may sound crazy but it is absolutely possible. @FordPickup92 and I joined 3 1/2 years ago with 3 sets of slugged plastic chips (still have all 3 because I am a hoarder) but this is most of the collection today
View attachment 1023028
Maybe 12 - 14k in other sets and singles up stairs but this is the majority of them, and many of the larger cases have 2,100 chips in each case. So as far as money... well I would rather NOT go there, but filling such an awesome cabin absolutely possible in this hobby!

Welcome @merkong ... I like where you are going with this thread! Lol

Fellow Chipper Ben
You guys are nuts (in a good way) :love:

Oh Boy.... That cabinet is just perfect... I absolutely love the retro style :love:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom