View Outside My Window (2 Viewers)

Yeah, I heard they were looking for this guy! :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

D7DF6FE4-5001-4650-89A5-F5DC5F0D9AE0.jpeg

Is this the Cook Inlet on the Kenai Peninsula? Looks similar (though a bit more snowy) to the scenery on our drive from Anchorage to Soldotna last fall:)
You would have been on the same highway as the pic from my drive to work. It is just out of Anchorage heading south to the Kenai peninsula.
Whittier is just on the other side of the range. The boats are in Whittier harbor and is the fastest way into Prince William Sound from Anchorage. If you went to Portage Glacier you would have been next to the tunnel leading into Whittier.

Everything is a little soggy here today. This is looking back upriver from Downtown. Flood stage for the Arkansas River in Little Rock is 23ft. as of this morning we are at 27ft and not expecting crest until Wednesday where it could be 30ft (was 29ft but as of this morning they keep upping the ranges). The flow rate is ridiculous. I live in the area where the arrow is. Luckily I'm a little up the hill about 30 ft in elevation above the areas flooding now.

raging river3.jpg

Everything is a little soggy here today. This is looking back upriver from Downtown. Flood stage for the Arkansas River in Little Rock is 23ft. as of this morning we are at 27ft and not expecting crest until Wednesday where it could be 30ft (was 29ft but as of this morning they keep upping the ranges). The flow rate is ridiculous. I live in the area where the arrow is. Luckily I'm a little up the hill about 30 ft in elevation above the areas flooding now.

View attachment 293841
Good luck - I remember when Nashville flooded. Nobody was prepared for it, despite climate change experts pointing right at it for years. If it goes over, sandbags won't do diddly.

Upstream (Ft Smith area especially) is getting hit really hard. Quite a few levees have failed. People underestimate the power of water and you can't really do anything to stop it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom