View Outside My Window (2 Viewers)

I turn 55 today. This is my view.
Illinois in Feb:

E0665F3B-28FB-4C2B-9725-C5511BB98ABB.jpeg

I wish. Southern Illinois looks more like Greenland in winter.

In fairness Jetta guy was going too fast. Other car that was stopped going the right way was stopped for a while before Jetta showed up and had to maneuver.

Just like my favorite form of poker, there is no limit. Two years ago our CEO’s cousin was out here net casting to catch coi for his pond. It was hysterical. Caught a bunch but they didn’t survive in the new pond due to predators.

The sheer numbers in this pond seem to make up for the ines that get gobbled by eagles, osprey, herons, and cormerates.

In fairness Jetta guy was going too fast. Other car that was stopped going the right way was stopped for a while before Jetta showed up and had to maneuver.
Well, I wasn’t there but I heard there was an 11 car pileup in front of some dudes house in Denver.

You northerners left your door open and let all the cold air out for the rest of us. Was 73F this morning, already dropped 30 degrees (43F now) and expected to drop to 20F tonight. Roller coaster weather, good for nothing but getting sick.

9A411B15-0A3F-4A75-9895-75DE7794EB0F.jpeg

View from my downtown loft (actually it’s just an apartment overlooking a mostly abandoned downtown in a village of 700 people)
In just one week’s time in our Michigan winter: -40F temps with wind chill and a foot of snow, then warms up to +50F and rains which melts away the snow we got a couple days earlier, then ice storm, now back down to +10 degrees with high winds with flurries. School has been closed 6 of the last 9 days. Did I say this is winter in Michigan?

View attachment 245400

View from my downtown loft (actually it’s just an apartment overlooking a mostly abandoned downtown in a village of 700 people)
In just one week’s time in our Michigan winter: -40F temps with wind chill and a foot of snow, then warms up to +50F and rains which melts away the snow we got a couple days earlier, then ice storm, now back down to +10 degrees with high winds with flurries. School has been closed 6 of the last 9 days. Did I say this is winter in Michigan?
...and if anybody asks why I moved out of Michigan, there is your answer.

View attachment 245400

Holy smokes! Hope your stocked up on food and scotch.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom