Upcoming molds......... (11 Viewers)

Two orders for 150 chips total on 44 scroll. 4 hours lost production switching the mold twice.
Wow that makes sense now. I guess somebody just needs to place a 1000x 44mm chip purchase to at least make it worth your while :cool

Do it! I have 800 44mm A-molds in the queue. Can't wait for my oversize cash set!
Amold isn't a problem. We only have one cavity for both sets of cups. So the mold has to be taken out, cups switched and setup again. 4 hours loss (ie a full day of one press)

Amold isn't a problem. We only have one cavity for both sets of cups. So the mold has to be taken out, cups switched and setup again. 4 hours loss (ie a full day of one press)
@Pinkdan this is why some molds run much less often than others. Especially in regards to the oversize molds, there's a lot of down time in which the factory loses precious production time to facilitate manufacturing of 44mm chips compared to their 39mm counterparts.

Because of this and the relative low number of orders on the oversize molds, the 44mm molds tend to run only once every one or two years based on what I can tell. More orders on a mold generally means a mold runs more often and more frequently. This is my understanding. David can correct me on any of this, though!

Pretty much the case. Obviously there comes a point when you have to run a mold regardless if it's been too long, but a lot of the 8-12 month waits are purely because we've had an order book of 80 or so orders pretty much for the last 2 years. We've had some challenges with Covid, which haven't really led to less production, rather an inability to increase it enough to cope with an increase in orders. Still much better than no orders though!

Are you planning on reducing mold offerings in the future for molds that don't get enough traffic? Seems like less mold turnover means faster and cheaper turnaround.

David do you have a rough estimate for the next large crown run and cut off date?

Not scheduled at the moment, zero orders.
Small crown is probably 4 months+ out. If there aren't enough large crown by then it will get skipped this time.

Any idea when DISQ will run again?

I did a brief search and didn’t see it. I apologize if it was recently answered.

Any idea when DISQ will run again?

I did a brief search and didn’t see it. I apologize if it was recently answered.
Pretty sure last page said in 2-3 months from a month ago, so in 1-2 months probably. I think the cutoff’s gone by now.

I'm hoping to get an LCrown idea off the ground. Do I need to get the order in for the end of the year to have any hope of production in 2021?
As I've stated many times before I will only discuss orders through email, not through the forum.

As I've stated many times before I will only discuss orders through email, not through the forum.
Sorry, I asked because I thought I had seen you answer similar questions in the past. I had no idea that you had stated this many times before.

But don't worry about it...I'm all good.

Sorry, I asked because I thought I had seen you answer similar questions in the past. I had no idea that you had stated this many times before.

But don't worry about it...I'm all good.
A long time ago maybe, when there where a lot less molds in rotation and less orders. Too complicated now.

Does anyone know if FDL is installed and in production yet or how far off we are? I have an order in but didn't want to bother David with another email. Figured maybe someone else had inquired about it recently.

Does anyone know if FDL is installed and in production yet or how far off we are? I have an order in but didn't want to bother David with another email. Figured maybe someone else had inquired about it recently.

I was told a few months. I think mid to late January is the goal. That what I was told a few weeks back at the cutoff date on Oct.11.

I've got an FDL order in too. In August David said 2-3 more months at that time. Not sure how accurate that is at this point. I'm hoping I get them as a Christmas gift lol.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom