Upcoming molds.........

Nex

Flush
Reaction score
FDL is running in a couple of months, cut off was last week.
HCE was not that long ago so will probably be 4-6 months and needs more orders.
So for FDL this means the next run after that might be roughly in the ballpark of... 6-8 months?

Pinkdan

Two Pair
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Two orders for 150 chips total on 44 scroll. 4 hours lost production switching the mold twice.
Wow that makes sense now. I guess somebody just needs to place a 1000x 44mm chip purchase to at least make it worth your while :cool

JMC9389

Full House
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow that makes sense now. I guess somebody just needs to place a 1000x 44mm chip purchase to at least make it worth your while :cool
Do it! I have 800 44mm A-molds in the queue. Can't wait for my oversize cash set!

David Spragg

Flush
Site Vendor
Reaction score
Do it! I have 800 44mm A-molds in the queue. Can't wait for my oversize cash set!
Amold isn't a problem. We only have one cavity for both sets of cups. So the mold has to be taken out, cups switched and setup again. 4 hours loss (ie a full day of one press)

JMC9389

Full House
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Amold isn't a problem. We only have one cavity for both sets of cups. So the mold has to be taken out, cups switched and setup again. 4 hours loss (ie a full day of one press)
@Pinkdan this is why some molds run much less often than others. Especially in regards to the oversize molds, there's a lot of down time in which the factory loses precious production time to facilitate manufacturing of 44mm chips compared to their 39mm counterparts.

Because of this and the relative low number of orders on the oversize molds, the 44mm molds tend to run only once every one or two years based on what I can tell. More orders on a mold generally means a mold runs more often and more frequently. This is my understanding. David can correct me on any of this, though!

David Spragg

Flush
Site Vendor
Reaction score
Pretty much the case. Obviously there comes a point when you have to run a mold regardless if it's been too long, but a lot of the 8-12 month waits are purely because we've had an order book of 80 or so orders pretty much for the last 2 years. We've had some challenges with Covid, which haven't really led to less production, rather an inability to increase it enough to cope with an increase in orders. Still much better than no orders though!

Venturalvn

Flush
Reaction score
Are you planning on reducing mold offerings in the future for molds that don't get enough traffic? Seems like less mold turnover means faster and cheaper turnaround.

AK Chip

Straight Flush
Supporting Member
Reaction score
David do you have a rough estimate for the next large crown run and cut off date?

David Spragg

Flush
Site Vendor
Reaction score
Not scheduled at the moment, zero orders.
Small crown is probably 4 months+ out. If there aren't enough large crown by then it will get skipped this time.

Top Bottom