Upcoming molds......... (26 Viewers)

Is it just me, or are there great differences in the inlay shape? the 500 inlay on the last picture reminds me of a low resolution old school computer graphic at the outer line… maybe it has something to do with the new mold?

Is it just me, or are there great differences in the inlay shape? the 500 inlay on the last picture reminds me of a low resolution old school computer graphic at the outer line… maybe it has something to do with the new mold?
There is texture in the mold that gets transferred to the chip when it's pressed. Very often in molds that have a more texture, especially in the middle where the inlay goes, that texture can express itself at the edges of the circularly cut inlay. If you look at the text/design in that 500 inlay, that pattern is not present and only seen at the edges of the circular cut inlay.

It's also visible to a lesser degree at the edges of the quarter and $5 chip if you look at those.

This has nothing specific to printing, but is seen with the more textured molds and is a feature of most custom compressed clay chips, particularly from CPC where the mold has a lot of texture over the inlay. Sometimes you see it, other times not so much. Close-up and macro photos like these tend to exaggerate the effect.

If it bothers you, or the prospect it might happen, CPC customs might not be right for you. You will probably never notice it in person unless you are examining the chip with a magnifier. (Spoken from someone with ~15000 chips from CPC (and previously ASM).

(The A-mold isn't a "new" mold.... I don't think CPC has a mold in use that's been around less than 30 years... it's just some have more texture that others, and most new Paulson molds have none over the inlay).

There is some variation across all the chips, like was said with the inlay texture as well as the edge spots. I actually really like this, it gives them a very hand-made feel.

Any more B Diamond updates? I was told by David 4-6 more weeks about 4 weeks ago. Supposedly I’m one of the last. Fingers crossed for a shipping email this week.

Any more B Diamond updates? I was told by David 4-6 more weeks about 4 weeks ago. Supposedly I’m one of the last. Fingers crossed for a shipping email this week.
I think we're the last two here waiting, but if anyone else has an order in, let us know!

There is texture in the mold that gets transferred to the chip when it's pressed. Very often in molds that have a more texture, especially in the middle where the inlay goes, that texture can express itself at the edges of the circularly cut inlay. If you look at the text/design in that 500 inlay, that pattern is not present and only seen at the edges of the circular cut inlay.

It's also visible to a lesser degree at the edges of the quarter and $5 chip if you look at those.

This has nothing specific to printing, but is seen with the more textured molds and is a feature of most custom compressed clay chips, particularly from CPC where the mold has a lot of texture over the inlay. Sometimes you see it, other times not so much. Close-up and macro photos like these tend to exaggerate the effect.

If it bothers you, or the prospect it might happen, CPC customs might not be right for you. You will probably never notice it in person unless you are examining the chip with a magnifier. (Spoken from someone with ~15000 chips from CPC (and previously ASM).

(The A-mold isn't a "new" mold.... I don't think CPC has a mold in use that's been around less than 30 years... it's just some have more texture that others, and most new Paulson molds have none over the inlay).
Not all inlays are textured.

I ordered a A-mold set in 2007 and placed an add-on order in 2009… there has been a huge difference in the quality of the inlay shape and texture… the 2009 chips inlays are way more rough and it seemed that the printing resolution of the inlay had been gone during the molding process… the graphics are at 50-60% quality compared to the chips of 2007.

I received my B-Diamonds. Was about a 9.5 month wait for my solid hotstamp tourney set. Will post pictures soon but very happy with the quality of my set.

Separately I had ordered H Molds back in about 2015 and an add on 2-3 years later. The later set was better - almost no spinners vs about 5-6% spinners in the original order. Inlay was of very good quality printing in both sets.

Omg, omg, omg!!!!! Surprise delivery today!!!! Don’t remember seeing a shipping notice. So excited!

Quick preview, better pictures coming once they are cleaned up.
92A1CB7B-B0D0-425C-86B5-980C860857C0.jpeg

Everyone is posting their beautiful B-Diamond mold sets. Here are a couple pics of mine. A little back story - these are for my lake home in Wisconsin. I wanted a simple, vintage vibe so chose hotstamp solids for a tournament set. The lake is named Bear Lake. I was struck at how this mold fit the theme with the large B for Bear and the diamonds in the mold representing the sun sparkling on the water. The shape in the center is a simple overhead map of the lake. We ran through a number of variations on what to call the game room area and settled on "Lucky Bear". Also have a cash set that will likely be adding on to accommodate a wider range of games. My hope is that the cabin and the chips will be enjoyed by family and friends today and for future generations to come.
AF957279-2E86-4AF2-9D80-80A76AE5F217.jpeg
4BF6EB28-D7FD-425F-B26B-3B8B4A03DAF6.jpeg

Last edited:
Ok, so on to the next mold…… pretty sure H-Mold is coming up real soon for production. I’ve got a 300 chip tourney add-on coming.

Anyone get any updates or shipping notices?

Just got an email back from David. He said H-Mold is 3-4 months out. They had some Covid shut down issues, two employees left, and some supply chain issues.

Originally he told me 3-4 months back in the beginning of August

Just got an email back from David. He said H-Mold is 3-4 months out. They had some Covid shut down issues, two employees left, and some supply chain issues.

Originally he told me 3-4 months back in the beginning of August
So reading between the lines here, is he hiring?

Ok, so on to the next mold…… pretty sure H-Mold is coming up real soon for production. I’ve got a 300 chip tourney add-on coming.

Anyone get any updates or shipping notices?

Email from David last week:

Not 100% sure of the order yet but likely to be
HHR (but you'll have to be very quick)
Hmold
Jockey
Plain mold
CSQ

I know B Mold just finished (which was my question to him). I just got some samples and so far it's a big contender. Going to shuffle them for a few weeks and try to decide.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom