Upcoming molds......... (34 Viewers)

I want Scrown, I want Scrown
1661186840571.gif

At this point I expect to get my shipping notice Wednesday, right before I get on a plane to head to DiD, and they will arrive Friday so I can't focus on any poker I play for the entire weekend.

H Mold may look clean but it has some handling issues. The specific texture sometimes makes chips interlock when you try to slide singles off a stack. For practicality it's not the best mold CPC has. But it does look very subtle and classy, so it is compatible with a wide variety of artwork styles.

Disclaimer: Own a large set of H Mold chips myself.

By chance does anyone have a list of the known issues for each mold?

By chance does anyone have a list of the known issues for each mold?
Interesting question.

I could be mistaken but I can’t imagine a list of “known issues” exists simply because I don’t believe there are any, mainly because when you’re having something like custom clay chips made it comes down to personal preference. And to me if there are ever any sort of “imperfections”, that’s what actually makes it perfect.

I have an HCE set and have zero issues with any of my chips.
And I absolutely LOVE my A-mold set and how it feels. Zero issues with that one as well.
I have a B-mold set on the way and I already know it’s going to be perfect.

I also feel that the quality control that @David Spragg and his team at CPC has is top notch.

Interesting question.

I could be mistaken but I can’t imagine a list of “known issues” exists simply because I don’t believe there are any, mainly because when you’re having something like custom clay chips made it comes down to personal preference. And to me if there are ever any sort of “imperfections”, that’s what actually makes it perfect.

And I absolutely LOVE my A-mold set and how it feels. Zero issues with that one as well.

I also feel that the quality control that @David Spragg and his team at CPC has is top notch.
I placed my A-mold order Tuesday . I really haven't heard anything negative about it. I chose it because it goes with the theme of my set. And luckily it is also always running. Already designing my next set and I'm I'm 4 to 5 months out from getting my first lol. I'm trying to decide between horse head, DSQ and small Crown

I placed my A-mold order Tuesday . I really haven't heard anything negative about it. I chose it because it goes with the theme of my set. And luckily it is also always running. Already designing my next set and I'm I'm 4 to 5 months out from getting my first lol. I'm trying to decide between horse head, DSQ and small Crown
I agree with @chipinla above, that you won't hear about "known issues" or hear negative things about molds, just preferences. The A mold has a very prominent texture and the chips really interlock well. Some love this, some prefer a smoother chip like DSQ.

There's so many different preferences...good thing there's so many choices!

I agree with @chipinla above, that you won't hear about "known issues" or hear negative things about molds, just preferences. The A mold has a very prominent texture and the chips really interlock well. Some love this, some prefer a smoother chip like DSQ.

There's so many different preferences...good thing there's so many choices!
1661662816735.gif

Interesting question.

Here’s another example

https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/split-spots-on-diamond-square-mold-from-cpc.68741/

Interesting question.

Actually, I was able to find a pretty comprehensive post:
Post in thread 'CPC Mold history considerations?'
https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/cpc-mold-history-considerations.67770/post-1365480

Going from what’s said here, perhaps the “better” molds are the ones unmentioned.

There’s also a great post later in that thread with OP’s opinion of each mold.

Learned something new...I think. I need 300 of these. @David Spragg , does that qualify as an order? If so, when's the next run?

Also. I'm just looking for Money Tree $1 labels on them. Do you have them or should I track down a designer? Thank you!!

View attachment 977076
58B7DCD9-6C0A-4227-9023-31DECBC0D543.jpeg

I had these done. We shrunk the border to fit the label but I’m now thinking of asking David about just letting them go without the gap and not worrying about the potential for offsets. The originals have offsets anyway as you can see on the $25

View attachment 977079

I had these done. We shrunk the border to fit the label but I’m now thinking of asking David about just letting them go without the gap and not worrying about the potential for offsets. The originals have offsets anyway as you can see on the $25
I would be good either way...thank you!!

View attachment 977079

How do the CPCs feel when played with thebTRKs? Any noticeable weight or size difference? Also, do they stack the same height? Thanks!

How do the CPCs feel when played with thebTRKs? Any noticeable weight or size difference? Also, do they stack the same height? Thanks!
There is such a huge difference between the real TRk chips that I don’t feel that it’s worth worrying about, let alone noticeable. The TRKs definitely don’t stack the same height either.

F34F8565-FFC0-4817-BD74-70774C91EAC7.jpeg

2B6DBEBB-5993-44C5-9087-8465F3E69B69.jpeg

CPCs have a slightly larger diameter than OG scrowns. Feel like it would bother me to have CPC lower denoms (such as a $1) mixed in with OGs although I've considered ordering some for my MT hundos. $100s wont see too much play, are hard to find/pricey for the real thing, and could create some spot progression with the OG chips I have.

Give ne a few mins and I'll find the mock ups I made

Edit: the difference in feel is definitely noticeable to me. CPC scrowns feel closer to non weighted solid scrowns IMO, still different however.

Last edited:
CPCs have a slightly larger diameter than OG scrowns.
I have to disagree with you. I think we expect OG TRKs to have the same level of consistency as modern Paulsons. That's not the case. The variation between different OG TRK chips is far greater than you'd get with CPC!

IMG_2997.JPEG

IMG_2998.JPEG

IMG_2999.JPEG

IMG_3001.JPEG

IMG_3002.JPEG

@Darson fair enough. Should've said there's different diameters, not necessarily larger with CPC.

Although I think the only people that expect consistency within TRKs are those who’ve never handled them. Anyone who’s had some experience with the OGs knows that there isn’t much consistency with weight, height, and sometimes diameter within them. Edit: it’s also enough of a known issue that anyone that does their homework on the difference between both should know that. If they don’t, they didn’t search hard enough. There’s plenty of info/threads/posts here talking about it ya know?

Still, the feel is different enough that it would bother me to have a good portion of my chips in a mixed set of both to be from CPC.

As always YMMV.

This isn’t knocking CPC of course. I’d love to have a set of modern scrowns but it isn’t priory since I have the real deal.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom