Upcoming molds......... (43 Viewers)

Still, the feel is different enough that it would bother me to have a good portion of my chips in a mixed set of both to be from CPC.

We're a picky bunch of poker chip nerds. But I think a lot of this perceived issue is imagined and not really relevant when playing a game of poker. You may see a difference when using a weighing scale or ruler but not in a game.

I have heard say that you should not mix standard weighted CPC chips with body dayglo CPC chips as the weight difference was noticeable. Probably over 20 PCF members played with my set last weekend and not a single one stated that it was noticeable that the blurple 1s were heavier than the unweighted fracs, 5s and 25s. And if they did notice, they certainly didn't say anything.

I think if you're mixing CPCs with minty TRKs it's not going to bother you. My Money Tree set fits in this category.

If you're mixing CPCs with nicely worn in buttery TRKs then it may be a problem. My Pick Hobson set is all TRK other than CPC fracs so it's not so noticeable but it's also why I have Nevada Lodge 1s in there instead of making CPC 1s.

It's definitely a personal thing but I'd say try it in a game before you dismiss it. Picky poker chip nerdery has little relevance to 99.9% of your players.

We're a picky bunch of poker chip nerds. But I think a lot of this perceived issue is imagined and not really relevant when playing a game of poker. You may see a difference when using a weighing scale or ruler but not in a game.

I have heard say that you should not mix standard weighted CPC chips with body dayglo CPC chips as the weight difference was noticeable. Probably over 20 PCF members played with my set last weekend and not a single one stated that it was noticeable that the blurple 1s were heavier than the unweighted fracs, 5s and 25s. And if they did notice, they certainly didn't say anything.

I think if you're mixing CPCs with minty TRKs it's not going to bother you. My Money Tree set fits in this category.

If you're mixing CPCs with nicely worn in buttery TRKs then it may be a problem. My Pick Hobson set is all TRK other than CPC fracs so it's not so noticeable but it's also why I have Nevada Lodge 1s in there instead of making CPC 1s.

It's definitely a personal thing but I'd say try it in a game before you dismiss it. Picky poker chip nerdery has little relevance to 99.9% of your players.
@Darson Your chips were incredible to play with at DiD and I noticed no difference at all in 7 plus hours or so of actual play with them at the table.

People only noticed it with my CPCs this weekend when I pointed it out. Though someone did say the quarters in my set shuffled the best (which are weighted; 1s are not; 5s are) which is what caused me to bring it up.

Definitely not enough difference to be noticed unless pointed out.

Just got hit with a $150 import tax...but THEY'RE COMING TODAY. It's happening people.

Screenshot_20220829-130518.png

Understand what you're saying although it really depends on the chips in your TRK set. In my MT set the only non heavy weight chips are the solid light blues I'll be using as the $1. Does it bother me so much that they wont be used? Nah but it still bothers me. Replacing them with CPCs where there's more of a difference makes it more bothersome to me.

For 98% of PCF this^^^ is probably correct. It's not uncommon in many of our games to have zero non-chippers at the table.

Would I care enough that it would bother me while playing with someone else's set? Nah but it would for my own set.

If people want to make terrible choices for their own set that's on them. :wtf:;):)

Edit: somewhat joking about that last part of course

Thanks! Do the CPCs stack the same height as the TRK Money Trees?. That's the thing that drives me nuts. That happens with some TRKs as well (e.g., Pic Hobsons)

Still my favorite PCF picture of all time.
View attachment 970374
I would pay money for a picture like this of one of my sets getting pressed… @David Spragg something to add to the menu?? I don’t think that would give away any of your magical secrets?? Make it the same angle for each set so we all get the same pic!

I would pay money for a picture like this of one of my sets getting pressed… @David Spragg something to add to the menu?? I don’t think that would give away any of your magical secrets?? Make it the same angle for each set so we all get the same pic!

Truth is that pic is better than mine.

Truth is that pic is better than mine.
I mean, the other is YOUR set, so I don’t think anyone would judge you for thinking it’s a better pic.

Kind of my point though. Without giving away CPC secrets it would be amazing to have a picture of the actual birth of our sets ha… I’m envious you have one.

Thanks! Do the CPCs stack the same height as the TRK Money Trees?. That's the thing that drives me nuts. That happens with some TRKs as well (e.g., Pic Hobsons)
Unsurprisingly the difference between the TRK 5s and 25s is pretty big. The CPC frac and 1 are very close to the TRK 25 and the CPC 100 is close to the TRK 5. Note that this is just from the first barrels I picked.

5AE9C773-07E3-4100-B331-DD8093FC9C58.jpeg

Unsurprisingly the difference between the TRK 5s and 25s is pretty big. The CPC frac and 1 are very close to the TRK 25 and the CPC 100 is close to the TRK 5. Note that this is just from the first barrels I picked.

View attachment 977758
Thank you! Now I'll need to stack my MT $5s and $25s next to each other. I've probably never noticed because I never end up with enough $25s in front of me to make a full barrel...LOL.

About halfway through oiling. Paulson racks are a no go haha, they didn't even fit in my Bud Jones racks. So a lot of 19 chip barrels in this photo. Absolutely thrilled with the results, can't wait to put them in play this weekend!

View attachment 978875
Ummmm I'm in SLC til Tuesday and am not above driving to Tooele :whistle: :whistling:

Edit: I can't remember if it was Tooele or somewhere else you lived ha

About halfway through oiling. Paulson racks are a no go haha, they didn't even fit in my Bud Jones racks. So a lot of 19 chip barrels in this photo. Absolutely thrilled with the results, can't wait to put them in play this weekend!

View attachment 978875
Looking great!

Yeah, you need 67.7 mm racks ... get them from @dennis63, they fit my CPCs great.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom