Two fracs too many for a set? (1 Viewer)

kimbless

3 of a Kind
Reaction score
How do you all feel about having a .25 and .50 chip together in a set? I've seen some sets that have them but does it work in play? Sorry if this has been discussed before.

Dont do it. The less confusion for the math challenged, the better.

There usually isn't a reason to have both. If you have a frac then you usually need it for blinds. For the bets after the blinds people will be looking to bet a minimum of 3-4x the blind, in which case you won't be betting a minimum of a blind after the blinds have been posted.

In general you'll hardly ever need a chip that's only worth twice the chip before it because you'll either have 2 of that chip, or you'll have chips that are worth 4-5 times the previous denom, which is what you'll use to bet with.

If you have both in a set, use the 25c when playing .25/.50, and the 50c when playing .50/$1
I think it would be funny to do a Paulson NAGB where the .25 and the .50 are EXACTLY THE SAME, except for the printed denomination of course. Kinda drives home the point that only one of them should be on the table at a time. :D

There usually isn't a reason to have both. If you have a frac then you usually need it for blinds. For the bets after the blinds people will be looking to bet a minimum of 3-4x the blind, in which case you won't be betting a minimum of a blind after the blinds have been posted.

In general you'll hardly ever need a chip that's only worth twice the chip before it because you'll either have 2 of that chip, or you'll have chips that are worth 4-5 times the previous denom, which is what you'll use to bet with.
If you have both in a set, use the 25c when playing .25/.50, and the 50c when playing .50/$1
This is actually a great idea to be able to use two different fracs. I definitely share what @Venturalvn is saying with bet sizing and was really considering the practicality of multiple frac denoms in a set. I have so many solids and want to use all of them for my set and I think this is what I'll do. Thank you for your reply!

Now my next question, how do you all feel about a $20 and $25 in the same set? :wtf:

This is gonna be a fun set!
PXL_20230409_040814717.jpg

I have a .05/.25/.50 in my set. Just because I had the extra chips and the colors/spots work well together. I will probably never use a .05, and would only use one or the other .25/.50 for a game. Of course, I have a $20 and $25 too. So, don’t take any of my advice either.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom