Too many fracs?!? (1 Viewer)

1710512723159.gif
IMG_0357.jpeg

1710512862167.gif

We play 5c/10c at our game so we're a bit frac heavy.

I have 1 rack of nickles and 2 racks of quarters and our crew uses 'em.

Yes, but this makes actual sense, since your quarters are your 1st workhorse.

The debate is REALLY more about how many "blind chips" vs "workhorse chips," but "blind chips" and "fracs" get used interchangeably on PCF because they mean the same thing when the blinds are in multiples of quarters, which are probably the most common stakes played among PCFers.

However, if your blinds are smaller than that (and for that matter if they are bigger than that as well, 1-2 would have no fracs and singles as the "blind chip") the argument is over how many blind chips are enough/too many.

(but yes of course if you are playing for stakes smaller than quarter blinds, you will have multiple "frac" denoms in play.)

I LOOOOOVVVVEEEE FRACS!! However, 1 rack is the perfect amount no matter how large ypur set is. We typically play .50/$1 and 1 rack of fracs is more than enough for 1 tor 3 tables. I bought 2 racks of fracs once thinking I needed them for 2 or 3 table, but found it to be a waste of time and money. Half way through the night I started pulling fracs off the table.

Why is 1 rack of fracs more than enough for a varying number of players? IMHO, it's because they are not workhorse chips.

What if you play $0.25/$0.50?

What if you play $0.25/$0.50?
Right. If you play .50/1 with .50 fracs and the whole table of 9 limped in, you’d need 2 fracs.
Doing that with quarters at a .25/.50 table, you’d need 18 fracs. There’s a huge difference.
I play .25/.50, typicallly 7-8 handed and I say a rack is fine. I feel pretty strongly that 12 quarters per player is enough and I usually just give a full barrel to the first 5 guys who buy in and let people make change after that.
I wouldn’t argue with people who think 120 is a better number, but two racks is too much, in my experience. Again, those chips have to be counted down for every all-in and every cash out. Keep that number low.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom