Tourney Two big bad beats ended this tournament (1 Viewer)

upNdown

Royal Flush
Reaction score
This is the worst I’ve ever gotten it. My buddy tells me that’s just because I haven’t been playing long enough - yeah, I’m sure it gets worse, but this sucked.

I was in the third or fourth hour of the 30k deep stack. Average was around 45k, I had around 60k, on the button. UTG limped, one or two more limpers, I made a pot sized bet, with K8 suited, just looking to steal the blinds. UTG called, two to the flop.
K K A
Check check
Turn was a brick. UTG jammed in his last 30k. It was quite an overbet - I don’t think the pot had more than 10k in it.
I thought for a minute, but decided he didn’t have AA, and he most likely didn’t have a K, or if he did, it couldn’t have been a good one.
I called, he tabled A rag, and promptly rivered his two-outer ace.

30 or 40 minutes later, I had worked my stack back up to almost 50k, when I woke up with KK in early position. Tricky me, I limped. Villain in middle position, who had me covered, made like a 3x raise. Folded around to me, I tripled her bet, and she called.
A K rag. I bet big, probably 2/3 the pot. She reraised all I’m. I’d watched her play some premiums and I was certain she didn’t have AA, so I called.
She tabled AK and turned the third A for boat over boat.
Rough hour I had there.

Poker sucks sometimes.

If it had been two bears instead of two beats, though, you could have easily gotten rid of them with your dog:

V4UFFAa.gif

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom