TRK El Rancho reproduction set (1 Viewer)

WhiteChoclat

Sitting Out
Reaction score
Hi all -

Is there anyone that owns a set of the reissue TRK El Rancho chips?
Would like to know if you're putting it to use, and how it's holding up? From a personal preference standpoint, how does it stack up against some of your other sets?

I'm new to the hobby. Have secured a variety of samples, and came across these TRKs from Apache and love them.

Would like to pursue a larger set, or even just a barrel/rack to get a better feel for them, but it feels like a tall task.

I did do some research on here before asking - found one other who had purchased a full set from Apache a while back, but haven't been able to get a hold of him.

Appreciate hearing anyone's experience with them!

Thank you

Welcome!! I do not own a TRK El Rancho set, but have owned a ton of TRKs. IMHO, you just need to ask the seller one simple question--how much do they weigh? That makes all the difference in the world on whether or not you will love or hate TRKs. My purely un-scientific opinion:

• >10 grams = awesome...load up!!
  • 9.6-10 grams = still awesome!
  • 9.2-9.6 grams = very nice. Not necessarily leaded, but still feel great.
  • 8.5 - 9.2 grams = blah, unless they are awesome, hard to find, colors. Honestly, I don't think I have been unhappy with anything more than 9 grams.
  • <8.5 grams = plastic. They literally feel like platic and will leave you wondering what all the TRK hyoe is about.
Good luck and buckle up!! It's a great ride!!

Welcome!! I do not own a TRK El Rancho set, but have owned a ton of TRKs. IMHO, you just need to ask the seller one simple question--how much do they weigh? That makes all the difference in the world on whether or not you will love or hate TRKs. My purely un-scientific opinion:

• >10 grams = awesome...load up!!
  • 9.6-10 grams = still awesome!
  • 9.2-9.6 grams = very nice. Not necessarily leaded, but still feel great.
  • 8.5 - 9.2 grams = blah, unless they are awesome, hard to find, colors. Honestly, I don't think I have been unhappy with anything more than 9 grams.
  • <8.5 grams = plastic. They literally feel like platic and will leave you wondering what all the TRK hyoe is about.
Good luck and buckle up!! It's a great ride!!
Okay well now you’re scaring me, because these are about 8.5 and I love them.

God forbid I get my hands on some heavier TRKs, and then what happens…

I was the person who sold this set to Apache. There were 1,500 chips total, and I think he split it up into three sets, plus some samples. I don’t think there are any of these available anywhere.

But there are other TRKs out there!!!

LOL! All in one fell swoop - you have crushed my dream, and then reinvigorated me. I guess the search continues.

Curious - how did you come across these? Did you not enjoy them enough to keep them?

LOL! All in one fell swoop - you have crushed my dream, and then reinvigorated me. I guess the search continues.

Curious - how did you come across these? Did you not enjoy them enough to keep them?
Keep the faith!! CPC does large crown and scrown TRK molds. 8.5 to 9 grams in weight I believe. I don't know if they would redo an El Rancho set, but you could order blanks and find somebody to hotstamp them for you. :)

These were one of my first sets ever. I bought them through an online auction from around Chicago. I don’t think I really knew what I had at the time. I tried to sell them on PCF, but it was right around the time the boat chips came out. I should have kept half and sold the other half.

These were one of my first sets ever. I bought them through an online auction from around Chicago. I don’t think I really knew what I had at the time. I tried to sell them on PCF, but it was right around the time the boat chips came out. I should have kept half and sold the other half.
Well thanks for sharing. Credit to you for getting me into this.
...Can I send you the bill?

The original (real) El Rancho $100 was the inspiration for my Vesper Club $100…but the repro set is cool too.

IMG_3203.jpeg

IMG_4489.jpeg
IMG_4148.jpeg

More here: https://www.pokerchipforum.com/thre...crown-hotstamped-cash-set.65515/#post-1302649

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom