TrapHouse Poker Club Cards Mold Mock up (1 Viewer)

PPLUSCLINT

High Hand
Reaction score
Have always wanted a custom set, and didnt realize how affordable it was with a Cards Mold Group buy. I mocked these up for the next GB hopefully happening soon.

Some background on the club, we have about 20 people, majority of which work at Nike WHQ. Hence, the inspiration for this chip set, all inspired by popular shoe franchises and some notable colorways (ie South Beach Lebron 8s, Air Max 95s, etc.) The name “Trap House” came about as alot of our players like to slow play their big hands.

We usually play 1/2 and sometimes .50/1.

Doing two chip sets, the ones with Nike branded logos will be mixed in with the main set on top. Also one of our members wants a set with only Nike branded logos. Quantities arent baked, so ignore those numbers. Check it out:

766B5A8C-DFF4-4C60-8E2D-B33A0AEEB671.jpeg

I love it. Great colors, great spot designs, great color matched inlays, and no concerns about dirty stacks. They are fanatic. Also love the shaped inlays.

FWIW you could do different sides to the chips instead of different sets if you wanted.

I would go with the top and ditch Nike.

while the majority of folks work at Nike, not all do. So it emphasizes the Nike people over the other. The Trap House logo alone is more inclusive and the non-Nike folks will appreciate it, even if they don’t say it.

I love it. Great colors, great spot designs, great color matched inlays, and no concerns about dirty stacks. They are fanatic. Also love the shaped inlays.

FWIW you could do different sides to the chips instead of different sets if you wanted.
Ah I wasnt aware you could do different sides with the Cards Mold, good to know!

I would go with the top and ditch Nike.

while the majority of folks work at Nike, not all do. So it emphasizes the Nike people over the other. The Trap House logo alone is more inclusive and the non-Nike folks will appreciate it, even if they don’t say it.
Well, when I say majority, its 19 out of 20 lol, but totally understand where you’re coming from. Also have other chip sets we can switch out if there are those opposed to using these lol

Cool looking sets!

I'm noticing one issue. On the green chip, you have 3 different shades of gray next to each. I've seen some photos on cards mold chips where colors that are close to each other, end up not showing up - they would likely blend together into one big spot. Take a look at some of the other cards mold chip threads and you'll find it.

Cool looking sets!

I'm noticing one issue. On the green chip, you have 3 different shades of gray next to each. I've seen some photos on cards mold chips where colors that are close to each other, end up not showing up - they would likely blend together into one big spot. Take a look at some of the other cards mold chip threads and you'll find it.
Appreciate it, great call out. I’ll take a look and adjust.

This set has my undying love for including a $10 chip. ($2 chips, $10 chips, and $50 chips get so little love in custom home sets)

As an recovering sneaker collector/addict, I approve such a fun design and concept!

im in Oregon often enough and my friends who work over at the 3 stripes headquarters would take inspiration from your set (although won’t admit it).

Last edited:
As an recovering sneaker collected, I approve such a fun design and concept!

im in Oregon often enough and my friends who work over at the 3 stripes headquarters would take inspiration from your set (although won’t admit it).
I was wondering if there were fellow sneaker collectors on here! it was fun converting the sneaker color stories into chips and developing them into chips that make sense (ie Penny Hardaway logo on $1 chip, Neon Air Max 95 on $25 chip with spotted gradient similar to the gradient design on the shoe)

I too slowed down sneaker buying, but it really doesnt stop, and is hard when you work there lol

Appreciate that you guys actually work for Nike, but I'd still be very wary about using their logo (or any associated logos like the Air Jordan etc.); simply because there's a strong possibility the Chinese manufacturer will then go on to continue using your designs and sell these chips to the public. I'm not sure whether that would potentially get you in hot water at Nike HQ.

Just my two cents, obviously, but I'd stick with just the Trap House designs on the top row, with all that in mind. Great-looking set — look forward to seeing your progress.

Appreciate that you guys actually work for Nike, but I'd still be very wary about using their logo (or any associated logos like the Air Jordan etc.); simply because there's a strong possibility the Chinese manufacturer will then go on to continue using your designs and sell these chips to the public. I'm not sure whether that would potentially get you in hot water at Nike HQ.

Just my two cents, obviously, but I'd stick with just the Trap House designs on the top row, with all that in mind. Great-looking set — look forward to seeing your progress.
Hmmm, is that really a possibilty? Any examples where they’ve taken a design theyve been commissioned to produce and sold to the public?

These are awesome!

Have you considered one side being the front of the chip and the other side being the back? Either way this is amazing!

Edit: Just saw @Eloe2000 mentioned doing both sides.

Hmmm, is that really a possibilty? Any examples where they’ve taken a design theyve been commissioned to produce and sold to the public?
I placed my order separately before this group buy got going, so I imagine @SeanGecko would be the best man to advise. I don't want to put you off ordering at all, but I'm sure you know first-hand the problems Nike must face with counterfeits. Just something to consider, that's all.

I placed my order separately before this group buy got going, so I imagine @SeanGecko would be the best man to advise. I don't want to put you off ordering at all, but I'm sure you know first-hand the problems Nike must face with counterfeits. Just something to consider, that's all.
Just don't put blood in the chips. I think that's one of Nike's buttons :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

Yea for sure, def something I’ll consider. I know a handful of designers that have done Nike inspired art/products outside of the company. It’s definitely a fine line, and having a third party company outside of the country increases the chances of counterfeiting given both Nike and China’s history. Appreciate your insight.

Either, in this instance it represents the franchise as a whole with the blue colorway and Penny logo, similar to the Jumpman on the $100 chip with the “Bred” colorway
I like the idea. I automatically assumed the Bred was related to the Jordan XI. Love this.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom