Transporting Barrington constantly (3 Viewers)

Reaction score
Hey y’all, I never play poker at my own house, and we usually host at different locations. I know they are foldable, but the craftsmanship can’t be all that great lol will the table hold up from constant folding into cars?

I can’t speak to durability regarding frequent travel, but I’ve taken mine out and about several times and haven’t thought that the table was going to break or was wearing poorly.
One thing to note though is that this table is really heavy! I’d say it’ll be a 2-man job to load/unload into a car if you want to prevent any damage.

It’s fine. You just need to get the bag. If you are really concerned about it breaking in the folding aspect (which it shouldn’t), you can replace the hinge.

This bag will fit the standard Barrington tables or the LED versions. You should definitely invest in a bag if you are moving your table even a little bit. It will help to protect it from getting damaged. It's only around 30 bucks too!

Hengme Poker Table Bag, Dustproof Poker Table Cover for Folding Poker Table https://a.co/d/9D6LNQr

If you use the storage bag you'll be fine. My buddy has one that's easily 10 years old and the wood like molding has come off the outer rail, but he never used the bag.

This bag will fit the standard Barrington tables or the LED versions. You should definitely invest in a bag if you are moving your table even a little bit. It will help to protect it from getting damaged. It's only around 30 bucks too!

Hengme Poker Table Bag, Dustproof Poker Table Cover for Folding Poker Table https://a.co/d/9D6LNQr

Do you mean the 43x43x7.9 option?
I hear some people can’t fit their barrington with this bag. Maybe it’s not true though

Attachments

• IMG_6026.png
    IMG_6026.png
    210.4 KB · Views: 18
I hear some people can’t fit their barrington with this bag. Maybe it’s not true though
The LED one will fit in the Hengme bag great, I have this one. Make sure to select the 43.3x43.3 one.
I was the one that recommended the LED table, which is 18 lbs heavier...around 20% more. Truth is, both versions are heavy and are easier with a bag. Having another person help makes it much better.

I also recommend being VERY careful not to drag the table on the floor while closed, even for a inch or two. I rotated mine a few inches over a berber carpet and it took the first layer of vinyl off one of the corners. It's mostly hidden when open, but be careful.
IMG_5220.jpeg

The LED one will fit in the Hengme bag great, I have this one. Make sure to select the 43.3x43.3 one.
I was the one that recommended the LED table, which is 18 lbs heavier...around 20% more. Truth is, both versions are heavy and are easier with a bag. Having another person help makes it much better.
Okay awesome! Now I just hope I can fit this thing in my little 2012 Camry lmao the moment of truth will be tense. I did measure the size of the open backdoor.... and it looks like maybe I can make it work.

Also, The custom topper decision. I found that I don't like busy toppers especially when the graphics are in the community card space. I'm probably going to get that Wynn design as it falls under distinct but not too basic (in my taste).

Mine is all banged up from hauling up and down the basement steps. Not very durable imo.

If transporting a table frequently, I'd want something lighter than a Barrington.

Yes, like @Colquhoun said, this bag will fit the LED versions. The bags make them so much easier to transport! I sold my older Barrington and bought two LED versions because I like then so much. I feel the upgrades are worth it. The extra weight isn't that much different but two people carrying it does make a huge difference.

I am looking at the cost of a Barrington table, comparing it to the cost of our chip sets, remembering the Barrington table folds up for easy storage, and asking why not buy a second one to store at your second location instead of moving it on the regular. Makes sense to me.

I am looking at the cost of a Barrington table, comparing it to the cost of our chip sets, remembering the Barrington table folds up for easy storage, and asking why not buy a second one to store at your second location instead of moving it on the regular. Makes sense to me.
I can’t afford to purchase two tables simultaneously lol over time I could though

I also recommend being VERY careful not to drag the table on the floor while closed, even for a inch or two. I rotated mine a few inches over a berber carpet and it took the first layer of vinyl off one of the corners. It's mostly hidden when open, but be careful.
View attachment 1274355
A similar thing happened to me. I taped off the ends of the rail and built up a thick layer of Plasti-dip. No more worrying when I move the table.

that works, I was thinking of building a set of dollies with 6 inch risers on them for the folded table to sit in

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom